Blog Comments

• |
    Turtle Trek kind of came out of left field for me. When I heard about it I was kind of like... meh... ok...

But as time has gone on, and I have learned more and more about it, I have gotten super excited and can't wait for it to open!

I will be there on April 28th, getting photos and commentary for the ParkHopper.

Super jazzed here!
    • |
    I'm really curious as to what Turtle Trek 4D is going to be like. I'm intrigued.

I wonder what the Fall WDW even will be?
    • |
    This Test Track on/off rehab is confusing and bad guest service. Clearly if they're closing this week, they should let guests know ASAP, as many people will be making a beeline directly for there, only to be stopped by a row of CMs and construction walls. I'm curious to see what becomes of all this, but I'm also glad I'm not either a Test Track/Guest Relations CM or a guest at EPCOT on April 16th.

And a fall WDW MiceChat event? Hmmm....now I'm intrigued!
    • |
    I think the Hidden Parkhopper is part of the giant picture on the "Pardon Our Dust" wall around the construction site for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster - The picture featuring the Seven Dwarfs.
    • |
    Hmm, comment on something I like to win a $50 Amazon gift card? Well, one thing I like is the opportunity to win a $50 Amazon gift card! But I also like the pics of the new Fantasyland construction, this is something that makes me think that someday I may have to travel from So Cal to Florida to visit the Magic Kingdom. The photos of the Beast's castle with the rockwork in front shows how well the forced perspective works in making the castle seem bigger than it is, I think.
    • |
    Winnie the pooh ride. In the magnifying glass. . I am addicted to this site! Des tresses me Thanks for everyone's effort
    ........... No. It wasn't included in this week's update. I think it's actually a part of Eric's Castle for Little Mermaid.
    • |
    I love Duffy the bear. He is very silly. I hope one day that I can be friends with Duffy and we can have adventures together. So many adventures. I wish he was my best friend.
    • |
    Winnie the pooh ride. In the magnifying glass. . I am addicted to this site! Des tresses me Thanks for everyone's effort
    • |
    Wow, quite the lineup for Star Wars weekends with a lot of the big stars coming out this year. Good to see.
    • |
    Hidden parkhopper is the rockwork behind scaffolding on the new Little Mermaid attraction?
    • |
    Yeah, the Avengers advertising sticks out like a sore thumb. I've got nothing against advertising in the parks on principle, but it should look organic and fit in with its surroundings.

The Seas seagulls were already noticeably shabby-looking and rickety when I was there last June. I hope they get some TLC soon.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper A
    Before people start hating the monorail wrapping...remember Walt named the icon of Disneyland after a movie for promotion...Sleeping Beauty. Other things like Davy Crockett were shamelessly pushed inside the parks as well.
    You misunderstand why we don't really like it and you bring up a very valid point. You are correct, the centerpiece of Disneyland was, in fact, a huge billboard for an upcoming film. But the fact that it advertises a film about to be released by Disney/Marvel is hardly the issue. Disneyland and Disney World is one huge interactive commercial.

We actually liked the TRONerail. Peripherally, it looked like a big Light Cycle zooming through Epcot. The problem lies in the very subtle difference between looking like something that is in motion, and simply looking like a moving billboard. It's not the fact that it advertises as much as the fact that it makes no effort to become a themed element.

But, in the end, it's just an opinion. We just hope that they try a little harder in the future.
    • |
    Before people start hating the monorail wrapping...remember Walt named the icon of Disneyland after a movie for promotion...Sleeping Beauty. Other things like Davy Crockett were shamelessly pushed inside the parks as well.
    • |
    True in a way Travis, however unpopular merchandise would indeed end up at Company D in California, not the TEAM centers.
    • |
    Just a slight jab, you can tell the editor is West coast. Company D is our company store on the East Coast and on the West coast it is our "Property Control" aka liquidation stores. In Cali the Team stores are the equal of the East coast Company D stores.
    • |
    April 16th is the date currently being circled as the first day of Test Track's refurbishment, if it's still on. We'll see what happens up until then.
    • |
    So what's the explanation for Test Track not being closed?
    • |
    DEFINITELY not a fan of the Avengers monorail. As clever as the Tronorail was, I had a feeling that Disney was just using it to guests' reception to monorail ads in general before trying something more generic. Considering how long Tronorail lasted, and the frequency with which Disney turns out mega-budget films on the scale of Tron or the Avengers (AT LEAST once a year), I can't help thinking that Disney might now have some form of ad on a monorail almost perpetually.

It's sad that Walt Disney World, once designed as an oasis from strip malls, housing developments, and huge ads on the side of transit, is now becoming just as bad as any other suburb in the country. (Flamingo Crossings, Golden Oak, and the Avenge-orail, respectively)
    • |
    Duffy bear??
    • |
    Hidden Parkhopper is Easter Duffy
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456781530 ... LastLast