Blog Comments

• |
    Quote Originally Posted by DisWedWay
    I hope when the plumbers finish with Big Thunders Geysers, they go over to Paris Disneyland and fix Thunder Mesa Plateau's geysers and bubbling mud pots. That would be one great water show for the 20th Anniversary.
    From your lips to Iger's ears. That sure would be wonderful.
    • |
    I hope when the plumbers finish with Big Thunders Geysers, they go over to Paris Disneyland and fix Thunder Mesa Plateau's geysers and bubbling mud pots. That would be one great water show for the 20th Anniversary.
    • |
    Thank you to all those who identified that construction item as an Airstar. I knew it inflated and lit up, but I couldn't imagine that it was a work light. Very interesting. We have smart readers!

All of the Blackstone parks (SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, Legoland) have great food. It's a smart business move. Keeps people coming back and staying longer. When I'm at Six Flags, I tend to want to get all my rides in before I have to eat, because I never want to stay in the park for a meal.

SeaWorld Orlando really seems to be working hard to hold its own against a growing Disney resort and the rapidly transforming Universal Orlando property. Kudos to SeaWorld and good luck!

Finally, while I agree with Fishy and JCSkipr79 that it is what's inside the attractions and shops at WDW that really matters, I am VERY pleased to see so much work going into the exteriors around the Magic Kingdom. That's progress. Now let's hope the next phase is moving the attention to the insides.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79
    It dosen't matter how many exterior rehabs MK does. The INTERIOR shows are still falling apars sans Mansion, Small, and HoP.
    Totally agreed! I would love to see them give attention to Pirates and Carousel of Progress or Splash. It's a sad thing when you have to dream of basic maintenance for the rides.
    • |
    It dosen't matter how many exterior rehabs MK does. The INTERIOR shows are still falling apars sans Mansion, Small, and HoP.
    • |
    >the red thing on a stick is a worklight, it called an airstar, it inflates with an inner fan and lights up to create a softbox effect

You can see one inflated nine pics down, near the lift surrounded by scaffolding...
    • |
    I'm really impressed at the work at Fantasyland. Between the new soft openings, and the work being done on the rest of it, I really can't wait to see how it all turns out!
    • |
    Hidden park hopper: austin's bedroom in Iceploration .
    glad to see that WDW is working on BTMRR that cloth on a rod is a light like the on next to it !
    • |
    I can tell you that in the big thunder mt portion of the update, the red thing on a stick is a worklight, it called an airstar, it inflates with an inner fan and lights up to create a softbox effect, no shadows and great soft worklight. Same company that made the big inflatable illuminated mickey head's as seen in Disneyland, ghosts and pumpkins during Mickeys halloween treat.
    • |
    That update was great!
    • |
    hmmm, is the person who may be considering drinking the water in the toilet likely to know the definition of the word "potable"?
    It's probably more for the benefit of parents. It sounds much better than, "If your toddler sticks his hand in the water, don't let him put it near his mouth until you wash it."
    • |
    Which begs the question, if the experience is not ready, why open it?
    Because it's exactly the same experience as it was before and Disney always puts the darn thing in the ads so people expect Dumbo.
    The new Dumbo spinners are built over fountains just like its twins in California and Paris.
    And Hong Kong.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk
    hmmm, is the person who may be considering drinking the water in the toilet likely to know the definition of the word "potable"?
    exactly what I was thinking! lol
    • |
    • |
    I think they should make a RIDE in the B&B castle, not another meet and greet. They can make a ride themed to the movie with the trackless technology, similar to Pooh's Hunny hunt
    • |
    I am mostly a Disneyland person. However, one of the things I love most about the Magic Kingdom is that the train is visible around the park. The Fantasyland area is a great place for train pictures! Disneyland on the other hand hides its trains behind buildings and trees. It is hard to get a good picture of the trains at Disneyland. Why hide one of your signature attractions?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by DisWedWay
    I was looking for Timothy Mouse and the Black Crow's who were responsible for getting Dumbo to fly. Love Dumbo's train station. Maybe they can do a weathervane for it's roof with iron crow's perched on it?
    I'm thinking that when the other Dumbo opens (which was the old one) it will have Timothy on top. At least I hope so. Otherwise, the story just doesn't make sense.

In the old days at Disneyland, they'd give you a feather in line so you had the confidence to fly.

Love your idea about the iron crow weathervane.
    • |
    I was looking for Timothy Mouse and the Black Crow's who were responsible for getting Dumbo to fly. Love Dumbo's train station. Maybe they can do a weathervane for it's roof with iron crow's perched on it?
    • |
    I've always preferred Spiderman over Harry Potter, so these changes are just a plus to me.

If the 3D is as good as the new Star Tours than it must be amazing.
    • |
    Are there plans to re-theme the maintenance buildings across from the Fantasyland train station? They still have the MTTF design and coloring.
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast