Blog Comments

• |
    Thanks Laura! This is a really important topic and I'm really glad that you chose to write an article about it! I look forward to learning more!!
    • |
    For any tennis players - it is possible to get tennis lessons at WDW.
    • |
    Great article Sarah! This is an aspect of WDW that I have little knowledge of and I look forward to expanding it reading your articles.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by JDN
    Thanks for the article, Sarah! I didn't know about the "Richard Petty Driving Experience" - when my brother and I come to WDW before our Disney Cruise with the MiceChat group, I'll be sure to tell him about this!
    Yes, definitely check it out!! Dave has been dying to try it since we saw the one in Charlotte. (I wouldn't let him participate there because I wanted to use it as a bribe, in case at some point he doesn't want to go to Disney! haha)
    • |
    Thanks for the article, Sarah! I didn't know about the "Richard Petty Driving Experience" - when my brother and I come to WDW before our Disney Cruise with the MiceChat group, I'll be sure to tell him about this!
    • |
    Thanks for all the feedback.

Your tips and advice have been noted, and I respect your opinions. MJM is right about my reasons for not delving as deeply into each activity as I could. Had I written in depth about each activity, this article would have been incredibly long! So I tried to condense it. However, my next articles will have more details included.

I look forward to writing more articles for you all in the future.
    • |

Thank you, Sarah, for your article. As a family with varying interests, we always took time from the theme parks for some family sporting/recreational activities. What I like about your article is that it touches upon sporting activities that some WDW visitors may not be aware of. I know my girls would have loved the pony rides when they were young, but there weren’t articles like this to bring the rides to my attention.

I sort of agree with Geomorph. A more in-depth description of the sporting activities with pics and commentary may have been helpful to those who are interested and want more information, but with the vast variety of activities that are available at WDW, it would be almost impossible to cover them in one article. You did a good job at condensing them. I look forward to your future articles about all things Disney.

Also, for the avid golfers (keeping with the sports theme) the WDW PGA Golf Classic will be held in October. Passholders receive complimentary admission.
    • |
    My family and I loved the ESPN Cafe when we visited back in October. I thought it was even better than the huge monstrousities known formerly as the ESPN Zones. Here's a hint for all of you baseball fans, the ESPN Cafe is one of the very few places that have TBS so you can see the baseball playoffs. We were fortunate enough to see Roy Halladay's perfect game in the playoffs. We caught in all on video, however we lost our camera there. So if you happened upon a lost Canon Powershot, silver in color, could you send the SD card to us? It has all of our pics from our trip to WDW, including the reactions of the historical perfect game!! You can have the camera as a thank you. We've tried everywhere to find it, Craigslist, WDW lost and founds. Hopefully the Miceage family can help us out.

Thanks for your support.
    • |
    Sarah, I like that you have chosen a comprehensive theme for this feature and compiled a fairly complete listing of facilities that fit the theme. However, as a Micechat feature column, I think that a more in-depth description of the facilities is needed, along with more details and perhaps first-hand observation/opinions as well. This article so briefly mentions each facility that I suspect it is of little interest to most Micechatters who already know the lineup of available WDW facilities/attractions but who may want more information on the things they have not seen. Many of the sentences end with exclamation points where none are seemingly needed (is an arcade at ESPN really exciting and unexpected?), resulting in an article that 'gushes' and comes across as a corporate 'puff piece' better suited to an introductory travel brochure. My friendly advice is to tone down the sales pitch and flesh out the content.
    • |
    You are right LukyJack, you can fish at WDW. Good addition. Watercraft rental was mentioned above and is available from several hotels around the resort.

Bicycle rentals would be another one to add.
    • |
    Great info Sarah! Thanks for your article, and I look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I seem to recall Kevin Yee posting an article several months ago about sport fishing on the Disney lakes. Been wanting to try that myself!

Also, I don't know if it's "sporty", or if it's still available, but a few years ago my family went down to the docks at Disney Marketplace and rented little one-seater motorboats (can't remember what they're called) and had a blast zipping around the lake.
    • |
    Thank you Sarah! I'm looking forward to reading more from you and the rest of the Vacationeering team!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567