Blog Comments

• |
    I can't believe that I didn't know about this earlier! But you were definitely right about making an impact.

My boyfriend and I were on our way back to Santa Barbara from a weekend in Paso Robles, and he said, "I think the Pizza Planet truck just passed us on the other side of the freeway." I didn't see it, but we were both really surprised and thought it was great.

Congrats on your amazing follow through, and what looks like an awesome trip!
    • |
    The truck is epic... But what's really awesome was the fact you all took a trip up the coast in that truck to the Pixar building
    • |
    that is so cool! I kept smiling through your whole report thinking "I bet anyone who saw that truck on it's journey had a big grin when they saw y'all!"

Great job!
    • |
    You guys totally rock! Congrats on this amazing journey.
    • |
    It looks like it had to be so much fun! Thanks for sharing.
    • |
    Pizza Planet Truck crew, you are so awesome! I was very happy to see you all made it to Pixar. A dream I hope comes true for me someday

p.s. the back of the dude in the dark grey hoodie in the first picture looks like Abed from Community
    • |
    Been following this ... awesome!
    • |
    Beautiful Story, Love the Mice chat family!!
    • |
    This is so awesome!!!
    • |
    Absolutely amazing! SO proud of you guys.

You had a dream, you followed through, you made it to your goal.

I know you have bigger plans. We can't wait to hear all about it.

Congratulations to the entire team!

Dusty
    • |
    Great Job!! I am completely and totally impressed by your dedication and attention to detail! I would so love to see your truck added to to the Christmas Parade at Disneyland!
    • |
    Nice. I hope to see your guy's truck in a Fourth of July Parade really soon!

Timekeeper
    • |
    PS, you could also probably cut-off the black plastic rings around the tow lights, to remove the dark shadow in the middle of the rocket, if you have the time or if the rocket is easily removable.
    • |
    Great job, I'd have trouble making the plastic rocket.

Too bad about the LEDs, but the light from the tow truck lights look great, it is hard to find 12-volt LEDs which have that warm white glow and are bright enough, looks like you made the right call there. They do make LED white tow lights (again finding that warm white color is tricky, they are planning on converting the warm white bulbs on Main Street to LEDs, but it hard getting the color just right), and I think that tow lights run on 12 volts anyway. I just mention this in case heat is an issue or you want to change it down the line.

Looking at pictures of the pizza truck, I see that the Pizza Planet logo on the rocket is lit up from behind. They do make translucent paints which could be applied to the plastic rocket with a suitable primer, but you'd probably have to pay to have somebody to paint it on. I just mention this as I noticed that the Pizza Planet Logo on the rocket is actually a couple of "fonts" bigger than the one on your rocket. Maybe you could print a bigger vinyl de-cal and cut out around the letters a little bit better, though I doubt that most people would notice this, but making the lettering bigger would make the Pizza Planet logo really pop out.

Awesome job!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat
    Great job. I would have gone with LEDs for the light in the rocket as you can see the outline of the fan in the plastic rocket, I assume this is for heat issues. You also could have had the Pizza Planet logo painted on the plastic rocket, but despite this small imperfections, you creation looks excellent!

I wonder if a certain Hawaiian shirt wearing pizza fan might invite you and your Pizza truck to the Carsland open?
    What you're seeing is the shadow from the rings around the lights.

We were thinking of having leds and shopped around at some rooftop sign shops, but we decided that these tow lights would do the trick. Plus, we wouldn't have to drive with the window down to plug the light into the cigarette lighter. To make matters worse, our cigarette lighter doesn't have any power running to it anyway.

We chose the vinyl lettering so light could shine through it. We considered stenciling the lettering too.

Thank you for checking out the truck. We hope that it doesn't disappoint.
    • |
    Great job. I would have gone with LEDs for the light in the rocket as you can see the outline of the fan in the plastic rocket, I assume this is for heat issues. You also could have had the Pizza Planet logo painted on the plastic rocket, but despite this small imperfections, you creation looks excellent!

I wonder if a certain Hawaiian shirt wearing pizza fan might invite you and your Pizza truck to the Carsland open? :)
    • |
    VERY cool!!!
    • |
    Good luck with that Rocket. Not only does it need to look good, it has to withstand the long drive north.

Have fun at Dapper Days!

Dusty
    • |
    be sure to add all the detailing and roughed up treatment. Are you keeping the windows on the camper as it is or are you going to match the movie? Awesome job so far!!
    • |
    It's turning out great! Keep up the good work!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast