Blog Comments

• |
    Danielle - what a WONDERFUL story. I LOVE that your manager asked you what your deep down dream was, and made it happen. The touch with the bullet... that's the creative icing on the cake. It sounds like you work in a positive environment of encouragement and fun. Making the little boy's Christmas special happened because you stopped, listened and acted on it in a BIG way. You inspire me!
    • |
    Nice one, Jeff!
    • |
    What a nice article! I would love to hear from anyone who works at Disneyland how I could get an interview. The casting center says apply on line. The people who work there say you have to know someone to get in. ??
    • |
    This was an amazing interview and story! This is by far one of the best blogs featured on MiceChat!!!
    • |
    I am Craig's dad and can't tell you how proud his mum and I were when he told us his interview was on-line. We knew nothing about it. Neither did Emma. And to cap it all, the day of publication was their 1st anniversary of their engagement. More Disney magic! The most magical part being the lovely Disney princess who will be our daughter in law next year. Thanks Jeff for your comment about it being one of your favourite interviews - ours too.
    • |
    Thanks again Jeff
    • |
    This was fabulous! Thank you Jeff and Craig.

I've always thought that the International Program at Epcot was brilliant and adds so much to World Showcase. It helps make the pavilions real. The next best thing to actually visiting those countries.
    • |
    Craig - thanks so, so much for sharing your fun experiences. I only wish I had thought about doing the Disney program back when I was in college. (Time machine, anyone?) Loved all the special things you did for guests and how you met the love of your life! Such a great read! Wishing you an awesome wedding next year!
    • |
    Great read, thanks for sharing this wonderful story!
    • |
    mratigan - Thanks for reading!
    The short answer to your question is: yes and no. Haha. It's hard to do a podcast on a weekly, or even monthly, schedule. Because I spend a lot of time writing this column, The 626, The Disney Review with George, and doing Communicore Weekly, it's hard for me to get together the FTMOTM podcast anymore. Though, if a really big interview comes along, I fully plan on releasing that as a podcast. It's just a lot of work to edit and transcribe it for me! I miss releasing them on a more regular basis too, but I assure you, any really big interviews I can get, I'll be sure to release as a podcast!

In the meantime, though, there are 3 "In The Hot Seat" shows on the Communicore Weekly iTunes. They're not all Cast Members, but there are still great interviews. In fact, Yehaa Bob Jackson, of Port Orleans fame, will be an upcoming one...along with some other great guests!

iTunes - Podcasts - Communicore Weekly by Communicore Weekly
    • |
    Thanks Jeff
    are you going to do the from the mouth of the mouse podcast anymore
    • |
    I love this show. It's funny every trip! Thanks for the article.
    • |
    I'm kind of disappointed to hear that the performers really do have free reign over what they say.

The last time I went to the show was during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I was dressed as Animal so, of course, they picked me out for one of the interactive segments (I actually went knowing that would happen). After seeing how much fun the Crush performers have with people who throw them a curve ball, I thought it would be fun to play in character, so I did my best to answer them the way Animal would. However, instead of playing along, they just told the exact same canned joke I had heard earlier in my trip, even though it totally didn't work with what I had said. They even sounded a little annoyed that I wasn't giving them the standard answer they wanted.

Makes me wish Mike had been working that night.
    • |
    I was the dancing guy TWICE and the churro guy once.

Such a fun attraction and my boys love it.
    • |
    Great interview and thank you Mike! I really enjoy hearing castmember stories.

While cute, I just don't think this attraction belongs in Tomorrowland. It might work at the Studios park.

If you think about it, the whole front part of Tomorrowland is sort of a mess: Buzz Lightyear needs a major update (getting boring really fast), Stitch is the worst attraction ever built, and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. Sure would love to see them build some actual Tomorrow/Future themed attractions.
    • |
    Glad you guys enjoyed today's interview! Thanks for reading

I think the show gets a bad rap sometimes, but I have to agree with you folks...it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland.
    • |
    Sounds like an awesome show. I just wish it wasn't in Tomorrowland.
    • |
    I actually enjoyed the Comedy Club on our last visit to WDW. Thank you for this article it brought back those fun memories.
    • |
    I appreciate this story, and liked the attraction last time I saw it, but I'd rather have Circle-Vision or a ride Just sayin.
    • |
    Thanks
    maybe they will redue it for monsters University
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast