Blog Comments

• |
    Thank-you for sharing. Sounds like a very fun place to work for sure.
    • |
    Great story!
    • |
    Thanks guys...glad you enjoyed!

Dusty - Definitely agreed...I can't imagine working in the Parks and making a living off of it, but I guess the old adage is true...if you really love your job, it doesn't matter what the pay is like!

Theresa - That would be great! Congrats on the impending marriage as well! Stay tuned to this column for more information...I'm finalizing it now!
    • |
    Great Storytelling! I loved your Mainstreet Window story and the 6th man, and wondered if he is still No.6? I have 2 WED friends that were honored on WDW window's after it opened that never knew they had been. I just happened to spot them in an article on the windows that maybe Bobby's work helped produce. They were suprised. PD
    • |
    Nice article. Thanks.
    • |
    Enjoyed hearing about Amber's experience in Epcot's quick service restaurants. She must really like it there to do two stints in the CareerStart program.

Certainly, carving out a career at Disney which pays well enough to live on isn't easy. I'd admire Amber's spirit and drive!
    • |
    I will be in the World Nov. 27-Dec. 2 and would definitely be interested in participating in a "From the Mouth of the Mouse" meet up! My fiance and I will be on our honeymoon at that time and it will also be his first visit to the World
    • |
    Great interview! I always like hearing positive stories about behind the scenes things. I feel that society today only loves death, explosions, injuries, tragedies, etc.
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by donaldduckfan#1
    any plans to expand the pod cast to the zune market place great column.
    No plans for bringing the podcast to the Zune marketplace (especially since Microsoft has effectively killed it!), but you can download the MP3s of the podcasts themselves at:

Index of /podcast
    • |
    any plans to expand the pod cast to the zune market place great column.
    • |
    Awesome! Thanks for the column!
    • |
    Column updated with a recent photo of Edie!
    • |
    That is so cool! To hear from the mermaid's point of view. I wish I could have seen their robot dance! lol
    • |
    Glad you guys are enjoying the column as much as I'm enjoying writing them! I appreciate all the kind words from everyone. Hopefully this was a good one to satisfy those asking for some West Coast tales!

Wulfblat - If I remember the story correctly, originally those photos were posted on the blog I linked to in the article above, Matt Crandall's, VintageDisneyAlice. Somehow, Edie came across them and said "Hey, that girl looks familiar!" She contacted Matt, who did a mini-interview with her. Not sure how he came across those photos to begin with, though. They must be in an archive somewhere. Edie provided the photos of her acceptance letter & check, though.

Sir Clinksalot - Yes, there are photos of what Edie looks like today! I'll ask her, and if she agrees, I'll post one to the end of the column.
    • |
    Disney Legend Harriet Burns used to tell me stories of the Mermaids from 20,00 Leagues, as she had worked on the attraction. Edie's interview has really filled out the story and loved the information on the secret entering tube! PD
    • |
    Nicely done. And on such a fun topic too. Please keep these articles coming; another winner for MiceChat who is proving to be just as innovative as Disneyland itself.
    • |
    This is a very interesting article!!
    • |
    Nice interview!
    • |
    What a great interview.

Any pictures of what Edie looks like today?
    • |
    I really enjoyed this. What a magic idea to have live mermaids in the lagoon. Would be fun to have them back again!