Blog Comments

• |
    Love the "extras" some of the CM's do to make an experience more magical! Great Job, can't wait to visit in July!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by midnite owl
    Haha, Tom's "crazy" stories about guests are funny.
    I love these stores
    • |
    Haha, Tom's "crazy" stories about guests are funny.
    • |
    Even back when there was DCA 1.0 I still loved it. I don't care what anyone else says about how bad the park was I grew an emotional attachment to it and just loved it more and more as it grew better by age. This year I will be coming to see its new look and im sure it will be more of a jewel. It doesn't have to be another Disneyland in my book as this park has its own something that makes it feel special too!
    • |
    I really enjoy these interviews. This one was probably my all-time favorite so far. It was such an interesting story. Thank you for posting this.
    • |
    That was a fun interview. Especially enjoyed the part about the 15th anniversary gift givers and the daily car giveaway.
    • |
    Great ^^ It's strange to see in the past the "park greeter" and the "vacation planner" were the same team as ticket taker/seller. Why Walt Disney World has changed that and separate the roles ? Because ticketing is always ticketing.
    Updated 04-11-2012 at 08:21 AM by Loc Potter
    • |
    That was an awesome interview! Kevin seems to really enjoy his job, and I enjoyed hearing about it. Thanks Jeff!

The Disney Fountain of Youth
    • |
    Nice interview Keep making The Magic!
    • |
    This article brings back many memories, as I was once was a custodial CM in Disneyland back in the late 60's. I interacted with many guests and enjoyed every day.

Thanks !!
    • |
    Really enjoyed this interview. I'll admit that I've never thought of custodial as a job I'd want to do. I'd imagine most new hires don't make this job their first pick. But after this interview, I have a new appreciation for the folks who not only keep the park clean and tidy but have big responsibility for guest satisfaction as well. That some of these folks have been trained as street artists is simply amazing.

Kudos to Kevin and the entire cast in custodial for the under-appreciated work they do on a daily basis. Thank you for helping make the magic and erase the clutter and mess of the real world!

Dusty
    • |
    This was a really great interview. I think people need to be grateful to all the custodians out there and maybe some people who are messy can stop being so messy and maybe start cleaning up after themselves and stop littering. I think that would be great. If you are reading this and you are a litterbug, please learn manners and stop making messes.
    • |
    Thanks that was great
    the cleaners do a great job
    Do they also draw the chaters on the walkway or is that entertainment's people
    thanks
    • |
    Can I just say thank you to all CM's and more thanks to custodial CM's! They might not have the "sexy" jobs like attractions or performers, but they are the somewhat unseen CM's that reall do keep the magic almost more so than any other CM! I have stopped by City Hall (in Disneyland because of I've only been to WDW twice!) to give a compliment to Custodial CM's who have enhanced my day multiple times and I have only done it one time for an attractions CM. Everytime I see a custodial CM I make it a point to thank them if they are not busy. I always feel bad for custodial CM because they have to clean up after people who are just too lazy to place their garbage in the trash can. My last trip to DLR a few weeks ago I had a game with my little brothers to see how much garbage we could pick up as we waited in line. Needless to say we didn't find very many pieces except for garbage just dropped by the people in front of us in line! Thank you for everything you do in keeping the parks clean despite all the guests who can't seem to bother themselves with throwing things away!
    • |
    Cool interview!
    • |
    Great interview.

I love reading about the day-to-day duties of the castmembers.
    • |
    Amazing Interview! I enjoyed it so much and Thank you Jeff and Jason!
    • |
    Wow, that was a really fun read! Thank you for sharing your story Jason (and Jeff for finding all these great interviewees!). I always love reading about the fun activities CMs partake in , and surprised about what you could get away with! The story about your wife is very sweet, and now I will always know a little about the voice of Wendy and the Princess Melody!
    • |
    Thanks Jeff and Jason I loved that !!
    Now I don't know if I what to be a monorail cast Member???
    • |
    I've seen the show twice and the reason why I'm not a fan--it is--the sound. . . The cars sound like they have lawn mower engines. . . To me it is like watching suped up go carts speeding around a stage. . . I think it is one of the worst shows on WDW property.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast