Blog Comments

• |
    This was an AMAZING interview. Love getting the behind the wheel look at this show.

I've got to admit that I'm not a huge fan of this stunt show. But it is VERY interesting to see how much effort goes into making the show happen and how many stunt drivers it takes to make the show go off without a hitch.

Thank you Jeff and Mike!
    • |
    awesome lol
    • |
    I wonder if the crickets were any better deep fried or just regular. FANTASTIC interview Jeff. I don't know how you do it but keep this up. It's awesome
    • |
    '914 on 301'. 914 was the number on the clear wrap we used, and meant there was something to see at that register! All the guys would try to peek through the pass-through to stare without being too obvious!
    I just spit up my coffee. Hysterical.

Thank you for another interesting MotM Jeff and Valerie!
    • |
    "I did hear of one custodial guy who had a woman complain about how dirty the park was. This was when there were hundreds of thousands in the park! He replied that they couldn't follow everyone around with a broom!"

Someone hasn't been to Tokyo Disneyland, lol

I could have eaten off of the pavement there it was so clean.
    • |
    I've got one that's not from Disneyland or Disney World , but from Disneyland Paris ... but everybody can watch it because it's huge ....Open Google Earth or surf to Google Maps , find Disneyland Paris then go to the Walt Disney Studios ... Now try to find Stitch ...I couldn't comment on last Mouth Strory , but if Brett wants to had a Disneyland Paris section to his app ... cause it's a great app idea ...
    • |
    My favorite hidden thing is the 3 heads in the pooh ride...whenever I point it out to friends I go with I get to share with them the whole back story of where they came from...so fun!
    • |
    My favorite.....hmmm everything this is a great idea!!! So much to explore!!!
    • |
    Cool interview.

Her story about Tyler and Santa got me a bit misty as well cause I can so picture my kids reacting the same way if that were to happen to them.

It would be nice to meet Danielle when we're down there in September so I can tell her that in person.
    • |
    I don't know is they really qualify as hidden, but my favorite "hidden" things in a DL queue are the bamboo support and the rope in the well, both in the Indiana Jones queue. Like I said they may not truely be hidden, but I consider them such, because when I first discovered them, it was completely on accident. I had been waiting in the queue, and I leaned against one of the bamboo "supports", only to get startled by the sound effects that it triggered.
    • |
    My favorite is still the Eeyore sign in Gil
    Room of Indiana Jones Queue. I enjoy trying to show it to people who go to the park with me.
    • |
    The story about the little boy just made me misty eyed with happiness. I remember when I was a cast member at Disneyland and all the things that guests told me I did that made their day while enjoying the parks. It is a magical place to visit.

My favorite hidden thing in Disneyland is in the que for Indiana Jones. It is the pole that you pull to make the ceiling drop. So many people scream when it's working properly. It makes me giggle every time!
    • |
    Jeff, this interview is fantastic! Love seeing stories about Cast Members who are really into the magic of the Disney parks!

Even though I'm not eligible to win a copy of SPYQUEUE, I wanted to get the ball rolling with an entry of my own.

My favorite hidden thing at Disneyland is the bronze apple in front of the Snow White ride in Fantasyland. If you touch it, it will make the witch cackle. Love that little touch of magic.
    • |
    That is a very happy story.she is I a great role model for other cast members!!
    • |
    What a fantastic article! Danielle is the kind of CM all CM's should aspire to be. And the manager who got Danielle the temp gig on the Jungle Cruise, can I come work for you??
    • |
    Wow what a great story! She looks earily familiar... Maybe I had her as my skipper on Jungle Cruise because I swear I've seen her before!
    • |
    WED was a wonderful place with Herb around. Some accountant deceided that a time clock should be installed "to keep accurate time of work done." At the time there were no hourly employees, everyone was salaried and could come and go as they pleased. Some arrived before the chickens arose, and others stayed until the stroke of midnight. Time cards were collected daily and taken to the studio. Herb let everyone know that the person who unlocked the door was to punch in everyone's time card, and the person that locked the door should punch everyone out. It was not long until they gave up.

Herb was responsible for the concept that art, not engineering had the final say on park construction.
    • |
    One of my favorite hidden things is, of course, the hidden Mickeys! I also love the little details in the queue for Star Tours- the announcements that refer to George Lucas, the hidden objects in the luggage in the security checkpoint (like Madame Leota, Mickey ears, etc), and R2-MK walking through the checkpoint!
    • |
    I am constantly searching for new Hidden mickeys. These are one of my favorite hidden things to look for at Disneyland. I get super excited when I find one and show it to my friends and family. Hidden Mickeys make a new experience being at Disneyland
    • |
    I love looking for hidden Mickeys and my favorite is found at my favorite attraction in Walt Disney World: Peter Pan. It's in the queue, low on the left hidden in the tree bark (well, ok not real tree bark) just as you go through the last turnstile before boarding your pirate ship.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast