Blog Comments

• |
    One of my favorite hidden things is the shadow on the wall in the Indy queue.
    • |
    Just bought the book...can't wait to read it!
    • |
    What a wonderful post - I really love all of the great decorations, props, and windows throughout the parks. Loved reading a bit about that group!

One of my favorite "hidden" things in a queue is at Little Mermaid in DCA - the hidden mickeys in the iron work in the queue. Why is it among my favorites? Because it was the first hidden mickey my friend found herself after being oblivious of them, so that's a fun memory for me.
    • |
    One of my favorite hidden items is Mr. Toad's statue in the Pet Cemetery at the Haunted Mansion.
    • |
    One of my favorite things (which last I checked no longer works) is in the queue for Indiana Jones. There are series of makeshift bamboo support beams, and one of them had been designed to be flexible and move around, and if you did you would hear a loud rumbling as if the cave were coming down around you.

Sad to say that doesn't seem to be working anymore, but it was great fun to play with especially if there were kids coming through at the same time.
    • |
    One of MY personal favorite things is Eeyore in Indiana Jones.
    • |
    Awesome stuff!
    • |
    EDITORS NOTE: We experienced a technical issue today in the MiceChat blogs which prevented regular users from posting comments. While that issue was resolved at 6:15 pm, we will be extending the contest through next week and Jeff will be posting the contest in next week's article as well. Please feel free to enter below or enter next week. If you enter more than once, only your first entry will count. Thank you for your help and understanding!

Great interview Jeff. There is no doubt that Disneyland does park decoration better than any other theme park in the world. Brett should be proud of his accomplishments.

I'm looking forward to checking out the SpyQueue app the next time I'm at Disneyland. All those folks who are at Disneyland today for "One More Disney Day" could really use this app to keep themselves entertained. The park is expected to be packed today.

Cheers and much thanks for another great interview!
    Updated 02-29-2012 at 06:16 PM by Dustysage
    • |
    I love the show! I watch it without my kids sometimes. I have some of the music on my ipod. It's such a great show.
    • |
    The brilliance of this show is that it works as well for adults as it does for its intended kid audience.

It's the humor and great original music that really set this show apart. The animation may be simple, but the rest is well rounded. Great show!
    • |
    Great Interview. Agreed, so Love Phineas and Ferb!!!
    • |
    I so love Phineas and Ferb! I truely think it is the best show on Disney Channel right now.
    • |
    On your third Herbie selection with Spaceship Earth, look just under the Monorail and you will see WED's Randy Bright and guest. John you probably know that story. Herb always painted people he worked with into his work. Herbie at WED and WDI, was like everybody's cheerleader, when he would make his rounds and check up on what you were doing, and give suggestions openly. Maybe that was Walt's influence on him. He would do the same at the Wednesday night drawing class. He influenced Euro Disneyland a great deal with his old 1954 concept sketches done for Disneyland to those which he did during EDL's design phase. I guess he must have been WED's "No. 3" employee just behind Wathel Rodgers and Fred Joerger. They say there is harmony in odd numbers. PD
    Updated 02-16-2012 at 07:15 PM by DisWedWay
    • |
    One point: Heavy Metal magazine is a monthly art comic & graphic novel serialization magazine that started publishing in the late '70s; it's the American counterpart of the French Métal Hurlant magazine.
    Updated 02-16-2012 at 09:30 AM by Freddie Freelance (Fixed close italic)
    • |
    This is a good interview about a VERY GOOD book. This book is a must for anyone who is a fan of Herbert (or herbie). It shines a light on the man, his talent, his close relationship with Walt and his struggle with his so called family. Well worth the time!!!
    • |
    Absolutely amazing. Herb was the best of the best. His iconic designs for the Disney parks were at once visionary and works of art in their own right - worthy of hanging on a wall.

It's sad that Herb's sister made such a mess out of his later years, but the impact he made on the Disney Company was massive and should never be forgotten.

Thank you Jeff and John for a very important interview about a very important subject.

Cheers,

Dusty
    • |
    Loved, loved, loved this interview! Tom, you lived what so many of us could only dream of. Many thanks to you and to Jeff for bringing your story to us!
    • |
    Really liked this interview! (And super excited there will be more podcasts soon!)
    • |
    Tom, Just wanted to thank you again for helping me fish on my first visit to Disneyland, and holding my catfish until I could come back and get it, at my mothers request. I feel so many kids in the 50s and up, had to go home and build tree houses after their first visit to TSI because of your suggestion to Walt. Your advice on the TSIsland carried over in a flip flopped Island to Tokyo Disneyland which remains unchanged today and well maintained. I wondered what you thought of the new pirate theme on it at Disneyland? PD
    Updated 02-08-2012 at 02:31 PM by DisWedWay
    • |
    Favorite interview so far!
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast