Blog Comments

• |
    This article was fantastic! So interesting how Tom Nabbe became Tom Sawyer.

Thank you Jeff and Tom!
    • |
    I love this for the photo of the 'pit' in AA... the book left me so memorized over the mechanics of AA but there wasn't that visual satisifaction like that photo! thx to Steve and you for sharing that one!
    • |
    P.S. Used to really enjoy the Backlot tour WAY back when, in the days of Mel Gibson, Pee Wee Herman, Bette Midler, etc. Disney-MGM was an ALMOST GREAT park. Had such potential. Now it's like an East Coast California Adventure, just a mish-mash of all sorts of things, whether or not they fit thematically.
    • |
    No better example of a ride that USED to be great, and a shining example of a cast member whose attitude needs to be replicated around Disney World! The cutbacks the finance people make at Disney theme parks (like going to automated spiels) exemplify throwing the baby out with the bathwater! Poor little baby.
    • |
    Megan's a cutie. Sorry she had to work an attraction that so many people dislike. But she seems like someone who sees the glass as half full and her positive attitude and fun personality would have charmed the people who took the tour (perhaps more than the tour itself).
    • |
    This was a fabulous interview. I never would have guessed that a ride which is so unenjoyable for guests would be so good for the cast members!

Thank you Jeff and Megan!
    • |
    Extremely interesting article! Every part of this was absolutely fascinating, the only downside is it was way too short, I was really getting into it and then it ended. But very, very well done article overall! These articles are *definitely* improving with time, each one gets a little better and better.
    • |
    nice [COLOR=#3E3E3E]interview! i really enjoyed that! :) thanks...[/COLOR]
    • |
    Great article. Interesting information and entertaining to read. I love reading your CM interviews!
    • |
    I loved this article. Owen clearly loves his job and goes above and beyond to create Disney magic. It is wonderful to see such cast members celebrated.

-Dusty
    • |
    Thanks for sharing Jeff. It really shows that you are living your dream for work! Well done!
    • |
    Interesting article, thanks for posting.

By the way, if you click on the photo, it takes you to this story. But if you click on the "click here link" below the photo (like I did at first) it takes you to last week's column.
    • |
    would love to have heard some backstage, behind-the-scenes stories about handling the character interactions with guests...for example, I've heard that is the perfomer needs to exit immediately for any reason they are to signal it to their handler by folding their arms across their chest. True?

any other things like that?
    • |
    Jeff, thanks again for the opportunity to chat with you!
    It was a lot of fun. I do love my job and trying my best to keep the Magic alive for the guests.
    I enjoy reading all your interviews, and look forward to reading more in the future.

All the best to you Jeff!!
    • |
    Lovely interview, I hoped to see Owen in the kingdom on my visit but I couldn't find Owen.

Nice to see what a character attendant job is like
    • |
    Steve say hello to Jayne Alcorn for me, if she is related to you. PD
    • |
    I really enjoyed reading about Steve's experiences in building American Adventure. It's always fascinating how much hard work goes on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of.
    • |
    Really interesting interview. I'd love to take Steve's Imagineering class.
    • |
    What a great book title!

At first, I was surprised to hear that The American Adventure was more complex than Horizons, but then it dawned on me that everything in Horizons could stay in one place, while elements of The American Adventure had to come on and off stage!
    • |
    Love these stories! Keep them coming. I had a chance to work in transportation for the college program but after getting accepted things came up and I didn't get to go. Reading these stories makes me want to reapply!
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast