Blog Comments

• |
    Strictly referencing watercraft, I would like to see the return of the Seminole & Osceola class steamships. These highly themed vessels are far superior to the themeless vessels they have been throwing on waterways in recent years.
    • |
    I think it's probably more likely that they nixed the random meetings as park attendance increased because more and more people complained that their darling's picture with Winnie the Pooh was shared with a strange kid they didn't know. Shy kids missed out entirely if they could not work up the courage to be a bit "pushy" to meet their favorite character. Yes, I speak from personal shy person experience.

While the random meetings were fun from a discovery/surprise point of view, if it was a popular character it was very difficult to get the one-on-one experience you can get now with the meet 'n greets. You might only get a few minutes and a picture, but everyone in line gets about the same amount of time.

I think overall I'd prefer a blend, but I am very happy that the more popular characters have organized meeting places as now you don't have to openly compete with strangers and go home with a photo of you, your favorite character, and that other kid you don't know.
    • |
    I wish I got to see the exhibit in person.

Timekeeper
    • |
    Is the plaque in the photo the original EPCOT Center dedication plaque? That appears to be the newer logo at the top with "Epcot" instead of "EPCOT Center" in the classic style logo font from the park guides. Was the plaque redone at some point?
    • |
    I loved this exhibit and wish it was still there. It could really be used as a rotating piece, as well as a Blue Sky. Like a hybrid of the Disney Gallery and Blue Sky Cellar. When we went I think we were the only 2 in there, but it just seems like, since there were no CMs that it would be a simple thing just to keep open with minimal cost. An extra perk that required no real commitment or heavy costs. Better than storage now.
    • |
    Hi George It looks like you have a pretty good set of photos but if you need any more feel free to pull from my flickr set of this exhibit.
    Epcot 25th Anniversary Exhibit - a set on Flickr
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc
    They should have kept this exhibit, it looked very interesting and would have been great thing to walk though!
    Agreed!

And it wouldn't take much to update it for the 30th, right?
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by ImagiNERDing
    Ken, I would love to see your EPCOT Center collection!

What is your absolute favorite piece?
    I would have to say a couple of posters that where issued in 1981 at the EPCOT Preview Center (on Town Square in MK). Very dynamic with a stylized monorail wrapping around Spaceship Earth with the caption "The 21st Century Begins Oct. 1, 1982. I also have a media pack. I wasn't not with any media back then, but a walked into one of the convention rooms at Cont. Resort and just picked up the materials that were left. Pretty neat. I like the pre-opening license palt as well. I have many other things that have been packed away including a lot of grand opening items, including the commemorative ticket that costs all of $30 for 3 days use! I'll have to dig everything out. I wish that MiceChat had an "eBay" type area because there are many things I'd like to sell. I use to buy multiples of items so I could sell off the extras.
    • |
    Yep, that's screen with "We're getting ready for YOU!!!"

Here's a much better version than the one I posted
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by tofubeast
    Thanks for this post! I was fortunate to visit this display a couple week after the 25th anniversary. I was hoping this exhibit would still be there, especially since the 30th is around the corner at this point.

There is one thing from the exhibit that I remember the most and do not see mentioned. It was a video of the building/planning of EPCOT and featured a song that still gets stuck in my head, "We're getting ready for you!"

Here's a video of it that I found on youtube. Now you all can have the nifty song stuck in your head as well. Enjoy!
    Are you talking about this video screen?

• |
    They should have kept this exhibit, it looked very interesting and would have been great thing to walk though!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by dfan07
    I looked at the timeline in 2009, and found it pretty interesting.

No, I did not drink too much Beverly.
    I am glad the timeline is still there, but it it just in the oddest place since the exhibit is gone.

Is it torture if I let my youngest son drink Beverly because he sort of likes it?
    • |
    Thanks for this post! I was fortunate to visit this display a couple week after the 25th anniversary. I was hoping this exhibit would still be there, especially since the 30th is around the corner at this point.

There is one thing from the exhibit that I remember the most and do not see mentioned. It was a video of the building/planning of EPCOT and featured a song that still gets stuck in my head, "We're getting ready for you!"

Here's a video of it that I found on youtube. Now you all can have the nifty song stuck in your head as well. Enjoy!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by KENfromOC
    I have just about every piece of merchandise shown! I was ther a year before EPCOT opened, so I have a lot a pre-opening stuff including those license plates ("The 21st Century Begins October 1, 1982!"), I was there opening day - so I have a lot of that stuff, and I was there a year later, so I have year 1st. annv. stuff! Brings back memories for sure!
    Ken, I would love to see your EPCOT Center collection!

What is your absolute favorite piece?
    • |
    I looked at the timeline in 2009, and found it pretty interesting.

No, I did not drink too much Beverly.
    • |
    I have just about every piece of merchandise shown! I was ther a year before EPCOT opened, so I have a lot a pre-opening stuff including those license plates ("The 21st Century Begins October 1, 1982!"), I was there opening day - so I have a lot of that stuff, and I was ther a year later, so I have year 1st. annv. stuff! Brings back memories for sure!
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by mratigan
    Thanks George! I love history and Disney and Epcot so this is plain cool.
    they should have the treasures of the Walt Disney archives exhibit travel around to the parks
    Thanks! It was a great exhibit and I still wonder what kind of traffic it would have had if it had been in a better area.
    Updated 06-04-2012 at 10:19 AM by Dustysage
    • |
    Thanks George! I love history and Disney and Epcot so this is plain cool.
    they should have the treasures of the Walt Disney archives exhibit travel around to the parks��
    Updated 06-04-2012 at 10:18 AM by Dustysage
    • |
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo
    Would Trader Sam's Cannibal Cafe count?

- Open Face Sandwich
    - Lady Finger Sandwiches
    - Baby Back Ribs

Delicious, although I am a bit full and find the thought a little hard to swallow.
    Those are great! Thanks for reminding me about those.
    • |
    Would Trader Sam's Cannibal Cafe count?

- Open Face Sandwich
    - Lady Finger Sandwiches
    - Baby Back Ribs

Delicious, although I am a bit full and find the thought a little hard to swallow.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast