Blog Comments

• |
    I hope you have a marvelous first day!
    • |
    This is a picture from Gabe's birthday party (Gabe is the white dog in my avatar:

That was a party with puppy cake and favors and all that, just like you'd have for a real person. But Tucker's is more of a BBQ where we are just going to have the dogs play in the backyard.
    • |
    I dont have any idea since I have never seen pet party before, but I have one request. Photos! Because I have never seen a pet party before.
    • |
    Congratulations!
    • |
    Congrats! I'm so glad everything worked out for you!
    • |
    Well, I hope that it went well. I'm interested to hear all about it!

And congrats on the new job.
    • |
    It's so much fun. That's the reason why I do it. I mean I love playing with puppies so for me... I get 18 months of playing with puppies and a new pup every year and change.
    • |
    Do you have any idea how many positive points this adds to your karma? Thank you for enduring all that raising a service dog entails and for sharing that journey with us. Thanks to you, Pearl will go on to enrich this lady's life now. Words fail me dear lady. Bless you!
    • |
    Wow, now I'm all teary, too.

Such a wonderful thing, this is something you really should be proud of for you and for Pearl. And she's so beautiful!
    • |
    Pearl's new mom is apparently really spry! The pictures had me in tears for at least 20 minutes.
    • |
    You should be very proud. Of Pearl and of yourself.

I just looked at the pictures and now I'm all teary. How cute is Pearl's new mommy?
    Updated 03-15-2009 at 01:56 PM by SusieP.
    • |
    Any luck with the counselor? Since you started before this new stuff became policy, can you get grandfathered into keeping it the old way?
    • |
    I hope you're able to work out the problems with your counselor and raise your grades with the tutors help. It's a pain when requirements are changed so quickly.

Good luck!
    • |
    I'm kinda' weirded out too by the fact this is a psych project. Like our professor said when we started this class was the only class we'd have where we are the lab rats. So I'm thinking that may have something to do with it... Plus side I turned in more than what was expected so push comes to shove anyone complains the teacher knows.
    • |
    It's interesting that this project is in your Psych class. Maybe you can look on it as a way to better understand group dynamics in a pressured situation? Good luck with your project!
    • |
    Best of luck for the semester!
    • |
    Noooooooooooooooo! Don't leave us! We'll miss you too much! You better stay with Mice Chat.
    • |
    It's like manners have become taboo in our society. And I feel bad for the next generation.

I finished my thank you cards they're done. I just need to walk to the post office tomorrow and get post card stamps. I went quasi-silly this year because we live in a "tourist town" so I made post card thank you cards.
    • |
    I totally agree.

I'm a thank you card writer for any gift I get for b-day or xmas.

It's not just this aspect of being rude, what about when you hold a door open for someone, and the person just walks in without so much as a thank you.

Or when you're at dinner with someone, or a group, and another person starts texting right there at the table. Hello! You're with me and/or us the group. Can't you focus on the moment for an hour? Are we not worth a little of your time that you can't turn the phone off? What does that say about us as friends?

Oh I could go on, but this is your rant And a good, valid one at that.
    • |
    This is an excellent rant! I love this-

I know it is better to give than recieve but part of giving, the circle of communication, is the message that the gift was recieved and it was welcomed.
    The "attribute of the month" at my school for December is gratitude, so I was sure to give a Christmas ettiquette lesson to my students before they left for vacation.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast