Blog Comments

• |
    Being a huge Sci-fi fan myself I wouldn't rank it at the top of any great sci-fi movie list, that being said it was still a fun film. I can't see where they spent $250 Milliion to make it on screen. Revenge of the Sith's budget was supposedly in the $115 Million range and there was nothing on screen that would make you think that it spent $130 milliion dollars more to make this film. If you go into it with lowered expectations (after reading the reviews on rotten tomatoes or the lack of buzz the film had you will probably like it. If you go into it with the expectations that Disney probably had when spending that much money on it....it may be a little underwhelming. I think the mistake Disney made was putting this much of an investment into a book series and characters that are from 100 years ago and that the current target audience isn't really aware of.
    • |
    Thank you for the review Brad. I really want to see the film. I'm a huge Sci-Fi fan. But the early buzz on the film and the Rotten Tomatoes score is so bad that I didn't go. Now I may.

Cheers,

Dusty
    • |
    Coming up soon a new edition of my controversial Trailer Talk...
    Where I attack movie trailers.......and Animation Station: Where I will have my thoughts on animated movies... like Tangled which I just watched again on DVD and Rango: which should be interesting.

In the meantime like my Facebook Movie page where I count down a daily movie of the day as I go year by year with a top 10 of my favorite movies
    Brad's Super Fantastic Terrific Page of Movies | Facebook
    • |
    I'm confused by your rant......I personally love trailers.
    I look forward to seeing them before the movies start.

What I was saying is that I personally pick the movies that I'm going to see based on my reaction to the trailers---rather than someone's review of the movie.... This was my review of that particular batch of trailers.......My personal guide as to what to see in the tbeaters vs waiting for Netflix vs not at all.
    I look at a movie review as just another form of entertainment.

If I offended a particular movie you are dying to see I'm sorry. I'm sure that there are movies that you don't want to see that I would be dying to watch. And no I don't have an inside scoop on anything anymore than any other person . An opinion is just that an opinion. Everyone has there own particular likes or dislikes. And yes these are my opinions (and I don't expect you to personally follow them because you will like what you like) I just love movies , talking about movies and getting excited about seeing movies. I even will watch some cheap low budget movies sometimes in search of what I like to call (The So Bad they are Good movies).

So if we can reveiw movies....Why not review the trailers that we base going to see those movies on.?........For Fun!
    • |
    Sorry for my rant. I'm cranky. And, it's late. Please, carry on. ;-)
    • |
    Just say you don't like and/or believe in preview (trailers) and leave it at that. Whether or not the movie is good (or not) is irrelevant. It comes down to if you like the subject matter and if the story is compelling enough for you. And, it appears you simply do not see that in the apparent marketing what you've reviewed. To each, their own. I suppose that's why I don't "like" everyone I've ever met. Oh wait....what is the purpose of your post? Ahhh...yes. To let us know what you, yourself, as an informed filmgoer, like and don't like. Please remind me of the relevancy to the general public. That trailers may or may NOT lead you to believe that the movie is GOOD? I'm sure you have an inside scoop on what that would be.
    • |
    Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes remake was misguided... and I would probably rank it at the bottom of Burton's films.
    Probably with remaking a classic movie is that there is something to compare it to.
    • |
    I think I agree with all of your trailer reviews. I never saw the Tim Burton Planet of the Apes. I've been curious about it. Other than the ending, was the movie any good?