Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Any California Disney Store CM's get their I.D.'s yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Back in 2003, were you also able to get in Guests with just your ID?

No with my CM ID it was only for admission for myself. As regular store CMs we did not have sign-in privildges but our full time CMs did, store manager and assistant manager. All other store CMs could only purhase nicely discounted hopper passes for guests up to 20 per year if not mistaken. And merchandise discounts were same as you regular instore discount 20% for less than 3 years of service 35% for 3 years or more (videos/DVDs only 10%).

As far as the rest of everthing you posted everything sounds to be correct. I knew a lot of changes took place in 04 but I just wanted to point out where you had stated that before TCP took ownership CMs need to contact either DM or HR to have passes at will call available for them. Only passes that needed to be "arranged" was for guests and I don't recall anything about will call pick ups. The tickets had to be ordered in advanced and would be mailed to us. Though I suppose if ordered too late will call was used, I just don't know anyone who did that.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    really? I couldn't tell.... In all honesty, shouldn't you just be thankful that you get any discounts at the other parks? Heck, TDL's CMs don't even get into their own parks for free, so there's certainly no room to be complaining here

I heard that they just changed this, and all uses at any parks will be counting against us... I haven't had a chance to see for myself if its true though
    Good grief, if they just changed it to count towards your yearly, then there's going to be a lot less Cast Members visiting outside of their home resorts. Headed back out there in October (Food and Wine!), we'll see.

Why is it okay for Guests and APs to raise concerns about "declining by degrees" or whatnot but when it comes to Cast Members, it is not okay? Wow. Why the double standard? All Cast Members being treated equally used to be the norm until February '04, when some folks had the bright idea that it would be a great idea to impose segregation among Company employees. If there is some reason why this segregation is a good idea, then it should be equal to both Resorts, not just completely favor WDW. Even if it completely favored the DLR, I'd still think that this was wrong.

I could care less about Tokyo in the way that they aren't part of the Company and frankly, the work culture in Japan is completely different then it is here... it isn't like the American work culture where your benefits include things like discounts and "perks", you get very little in "perks" from the company that you work for over there... that's just the way it is.

This is simply another "decline by degrees". How about they eliminate all theme park perks for non-Theme Park and Resort Cast Members? Heeeey, that sounds like a great idea!

Don't be a... what did Al call them in that failed campaign of his? Oh yah, don't be a "DoM". This is a very mediocre policy that shouldn't be defended.

... grats me for derailing the thread, sorry! This is the last I'm going to talk about this now.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 08-02-2008 at 09:54 PM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

[quote=Burnt Toast;3017187] How about they eliminate all theme park perks for non-Theme Park and Resort Cast Members? Heeeey, that sounds like a great idea!

NO, that doesn't sound like a great idea. (I know you were kidding.)

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Disney Cast Member

I work at a Disney Store in Central California and I just got my Cast ID today, from what Ive been told, being just a regular Cast Member, you get what every other Walt Disney Company non-Disney Resort CM gets, 20 percent off on food and merchandise and 30 percent off on hotels and you can go to all Team Center Sites Except the Team Disney Anaheim center, which is for DLR CMs only. And If I recall, only Disney Resort CMs get free admission, I was told we only get discounted tickets (not sure if this is true) along with our free 4 tickets per year.

I called Company D yesterday and they only sell one day, one park passes, and a one day park hopper, at the Team Center. My Lead went down to visit Disneyland, and went to go pick up his I.D., and he was told that our store made a mistake in filling out the paperwork when the transition started. He ended up getting an I.D. made right there on the spot. But everyone else has to get pictures taken again. I may go down there myself for a weekend visit to Disneyland and get my own down there too. I guess that explains why our I.D.s never showed up.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12