Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Really?

Talking Help! I Need Advice about applying for a Disneyland Job...

Hello all! I'm new to these forums, and have been excited to find a TON of info about being a castmember at Disneyland. I used to work for the WDTC between 2003-2005. I'm interested in coming back to work for Disney, but this time I want to work in the park. Here's my dilema...

I went in last week (7/31) to apply, and was told that they are done hiring for the summer. I was also told to not even worry about filling out an application since there was already a pretty long waiting list. They told me to come back in September...

Can I get some feedback on that?

1. Should I wait until September, or should I go back and fill an app out anyway?

2. For current CM's - Do you feel like staffing is pretty full? I've always heard that there's lots of turover within the jobs at the park.

Even though I know I'll make less working in the park, I think I'll be happier. I'm just really looking to get my foot in the door...

And one final question...

I do have re-hire status, since I gave a two week notice before I left in 2005. When I showed up last week at the casting center, they checked that. I also know that it's not restricted or anything. Can I get some feedback from someone who's re-hired into the company. Did they ask you about your previous experience when you interviewed? Will they be checking my past record (i.e. points etc...) to make a decision?

Thanks for the help!

Re: Help! I Need Advice about applying for a Disneyland Job...

I would put an application in anyway, I mean it cant hurt. As far as staffing, in my area we havent had new people in ages, and when we do get new people its college program kids. And if you can deal with the pay working for disney is a really rewarding experiance.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• Really?

Does the college program end in September? Maybe that's why they'll be hiring then...

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by mspoppygrl View Post
    1. Should I wait until September, or should I go back and fill an app out anyway?

2. For current CM's - Do you feel like staffing is pretty full? I've always heard that there's lots of turover within the jobs at the park.
    I say waiting or applying now will do the same. But my boyfriend applied when they were full and said they'd call him when something opened up.... we haven't gotten a call and that was almost three months ago! So maybe you should just wait or when you apply, keep calling them to ask about positions. What are you interested in doing at the resort?

I feel like staffing is full in my location. I get a lot of Fantasmic! and parade shifts which is basically a big "there's nothing for you to do at your attraction because people with seniority get to work here instead of you" slap in the face. But hey atleast I'm getting hours which isn't what I can say for the CT peeps. Turnover used to be a problem, but people are staying now because no one is getting jobs anywhere.... this economy is no bueno right now.

I hope that helps and good luck!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Really?

Eventually I'd like to get into Guest Relations. But at this point, I'm just looking to get hired!

• Really?

Today I called and talked to a casting rep via the Disneyland jobline. She told me that I should just go in and fill out the application instead of waiting. So today, that is what I did. First of all just let me say that throughout my 3 1/2 hour process I witnessed at least 4 prior employees being told that they had either restriced or no re-hire status. I thought that was interesting. They were telling them all that they could re-apply 6 months from the day they were fired or left the company.

First I filled out my application on the computer. Then I sat through a 10 minute long little movie that explains what Disney expects from their employees. Then I took the assesment test...once I was told that I passed that I was scheduled for a one on one interview. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I used to work at the WDTC from 2003-2005. When I interviewed the first time it was with two other people. I wasn't sure if they just did one on one's this time because they didn't have any open positions. My interview went GREAT! I was told that I would be added to the file, and if I didn't hear anything back by the end of August first of September, that I should come back in and re-apply...I'll keep you posted

good for you. i really hope you get it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

• CM for 4 years!

I can't think of any other place than Disneyland where if a person got fired for attendance, they would have the audacity to come back sooner than six months after to ask for their job back.

"Yeah, so you know how you fired me? Yeah, cause I never came in to work? Yeah, ok, let's give it another run. I know it's only been two and a half months and I just got fired from my other job for the same thing."

I would be so ashamed!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by melmel View Post
    I can't think of any other place than Disneyland where if a person got fired for attendance, they would have the audacity to come back sooner than six months after to ask for their job back.

"Yeah, so you know how you fired me? Yeah, cause I never came in to work? Yeah, ok, let's give it another run. I know it's only been two and a half months and I just got fired from my other job for the same thing."

I would be so ashamed!
    I know right?! I would never go back!
    Last edited by ashley solo; 08-06-2008 at 11:54 PM.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

I went in around the 15th of July and they told me the same thing. I filled out everything and took the assessment and they scheduled me to come back the new week for an interview. After the group interview they called me back in and told me I could get on a waiting list or take a job in ODV, so they are still hiring for some thing. I just completed traditions on Saturday and did my LOB training Sunday. I start OJT on Monday. So everyone looking to apply now should despite what they say.

• Really?

I wonder if they're just really full now...I put down Guest Relations as my 1st choice, but I explained to the girl who interviewed me that I was open to other positions...I'm thinkiing that the waiting list in front of me is probably pretty long by now. But it's only a few more weeks until the end of the month, which was when I was told positions should be opening up...we'll see!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I hear hotels are hiring.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

^lol

-space

From what they told me they have different waiting lists for each position so if your first choice was guest relations thats what waiting list they probably put you on. Apparently attractions had one of the longest waiting lists when I applied.

• Fastest Man Alive

No doubt there. Basically every post about applying for Disneyland comes down to 3 departments: Guest Relations (everyone wants to be a tour guide), Attractions (everyone wants work Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Pirates) and Entertainment. I don't think it's a shock that those departments typically have a long waiting list. But y'know.
    (1) Custodial- Don't want to be stuck in a building all day? There is custodial. Other than security no other department is out and about having contact with guests that doesn't primarily take the form of selling a churro or telling them their fast pass isn't up. Custodial also isn't land locked, if you want to see the park. There ya go.
    (2) ODV- You've got the freedom there as well. No checking with CDS every 15 minutes to see what it wants you to do. Every day you can be working a different land.
    (3) Stores- Disney has an awful lot of interesting merchandise and also is great place if you like to pin trade and chat with the guests.
    (4) Parking- You are the guests FIRST and LAST impression of their visit. Take satisfaction in knowing that a smile and nice spiel might just turn their night around, or properly psyche them up for what lays ahead.
    (5) Foods- Hey, alot of people get their start in the foods industry. Would you rather be flipping burgers in McDonalds, or work at Disneyland with better benefits and much more positive atmosphere?

Apologies to any other major department that I have forgotten. As always, remember that after 6 months, you can always apply for a transfer anyways.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast