• Nutty about Disney parks

Need help from costuming CMs

Hey I'm trying to write a job resume but everytime I apply for a job they demand exact detail information I dont have such as the exact address, contact info and supervisor information.

If you are/were a character costumer at Disney MGM/Hollywood Studios who can help provide me some important information (so people can finaly hire me dammit), please PM me. I promise that this is not for illegal purposes. I am just trying to get a job in life but everything requires a huge amount of crap that people dont give you or even warn you about.

Much appreciated, thanks.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Re: Need help from costuming CMs

I've had a few of the same problems (not looking for another job, but on other forms). Disney Parks doesn't exactly follow the "traditional" method of workplace organization.

For workplace address. the mailing address for WDW is:

Walt Disney World Resort
    1675 North Buena Vista Drive
    Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8405

For the telephone number, it's (407) 824-2222. That's the number for the WDW Switchboard.

As for your Supervisor, here at the DLR, we put our Home Team Leader's name. I don't remember if the Home Team System is used at WDW, but either way, putting the name of any GSM/CSM/Area Manager that you worked with should work.
    Last edited by glendalais89; 08-25-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Nevermind, I was right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    I've had a few of the same problems (not looking for another job, but on other forms). Disney Parks doesn't exactly follow the "traditional" method of workplace organization.

For workplace address. the mailing address for WDW is:

Walt Disney World Resort
    1675 North Buena Vista Drive
    Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8405

For the telephone number, it's (407) 824-2222. That's the number for the WDW Switchboard.

As for your Supervisor, here at the DLR, we put our Home Team Leader's name. I don't remember if the Home Team System is used at WDW, but either way, putting the name of any GSM/CSM/Area Manager that you worked with should work.
    I know who my supervisor's name and the exact building location he worked at WDW. So is that address and phone number the standard thing to put on your job resume/application? Will potential employers be able to contact my exact supervisor through that address/phone #?

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I know who my supervisor's name and the exact building location he worked at WDW. So is that address and phone number the standard thing to put on your job resume/application? Will potential employers be able to contact my exact supervisor through that address/phone #?
    As long as your supervisor hasn't left the company, they should be able to, I think. The operator should be able to find his name in the computer and redirect the call.

• CM for 4 years!

Whether or not a future company is allowed to contact your manager, your manager will not be able to tell them anything about your work performance, for legal reasons. I think all they can do is confirm your dates of employment. At least I know that's how it is in CA.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Yep in California all they can do is verify how much you were paid, the position you held, dates of employment and whether or not you are eligible to be rehired by the company

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by melmel View Post
    Whether or not a future company is allowed to contact your manager, your manager will not be able to tell them anything about your work performance, for legal reasons. I think all they can do is confirm your dates of employment. At least I know that's how it is in CA.
    It's the same everywhere for the most part. By law they can't say anything bad about you. They pretty much can only confirm that you worked there the dates you specify on your resume/job application.

Thanks for the info guys. (I never knew about the whole job performance confidentiality thing. That can be a real lifesaver for me!) I will try this out on my next job application, though I aint hoping for much as I suck at the job interviews.

If you got any more good advice on getting any sort of job or filling out applications or doing job interviews whatsoever, feel free to drop me a line.