• Rather Be At Disneyland

Trade? Your Disneyland tix for Sea World?

I'm a Sea World employee looking to go to Disneyland with a few friends. All but one of us has an annual pass, so I was wondering if there were any Disneyland employees willing to sign in one person in exchange for a ticket to Sea World in San Diego? Please PM me. We want to go on Monday.

Re: Trade? Your Disneyland tix for Sea World?

I'm gonna be nice, but anyone stupid enough to reply with a yes could be fired.Our sign in's are not to be sold or bartered and the employ who signs you in has some responsibility for your actions in the park. So No i can't help, sorry.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I highly doubt anyone could help, I'd assume that would be against their rules. You can always just buy a ticket,
    $94.00 Single-Day Theme Park Ticket***
    Available at Resort Main Entrance ticket booths or by calling (714) 781-4400***.
    $69.00
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Oh, I didn't know it was against the rules. I was just hoping that there would be an CM out there that might be willing to help out another Mice Chatter, and as a thank you I could give them a Sea World ticket. Disneyland isn't a cheap place to visit, and working at another Southern California tourist attraction isn't the highest paying job, so my friend was hoping that there was even a slim chance that someone might sign him in, and the Sea World ticket could act as a thank you. Everyone going is responsible adults, and I've posted a few of my previous Trip reports here on Mice Chat, so anyone can see that my time spent at Disneyland is perfectly respectful and rule-abiding. You can even see my face and come hunt us down in San Diego if it's not

I knew that asking this would be a long shot, but I thought I would give it a try. There's no harm in asking.
    Last edited by DisneyRoyalty; 08-30-2008 at 11:59 PM.

• You Spin Me Right Round

Can you get discount tickets through work? I know we get discounts for Sea World through Disney.

Sea World does offer discounted tickets, but the discount isn't very much. A few dollars off the normal price is about all, not significant enough to make it affordable for my friend who needs the ticket. I already have an annual pass, so the ticket isn't for me, I'm trying to do a favor for a friend who wants to join the Disney trip, but can't afford the admission price right now.

• :)

As much as any of us would love to help you, I don't think anyone can or will...Cast Members get fired immediately for doing stuff like that :/

I second what all the responses said and add this of my own...when we sign in any person that isn't family, we are required to stay with them and supervise their visit, so to speak. In other words, we would have to follow around people we don't know. If we chose to break the rules and sign in someone we didn't know and leave them on their own, should they choose to do something wrong, they will then be linked back to us and we can be fired. I know at least two people who suffered this fate.

In other words, what you are asking is just not possible.

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    I second what all the responses said and add this of my own...when we sign in any person that isn't family, we are required to stay with them and supervise their visit, so to speak. In other words, we would have to follow around people we don't know. If we chose to break the rules and sign in someone we didn't know and leave them on their own, should they choose to do something wrong, they will then be linked back to us and we can be fired. I know at least two people who suffered this fate.
    Not to mention that the park hoppers that are printed out at the turnstile when you have your Main Gate Pass scanned have your MGP number on it. Your "Guests" do something wrong, they can easily be traced back to the Cast Member that signed you in.

Also, signing in one person blows an entire sign-in that is good for three people. Even if it was allowed to trade sign-ins, I would have at least offered three tickets in trade. However, it is not allowed so this point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    In other words, what you are asking is just not possible.
    I actually found it plain rude.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Don't forget TDA reads these threads.. so you know who you are.. and where you are... watch out.. there might be a pot of boiling oil with your name on it!

• Banned User

I do know you cast memeber do let people in as you get so many free be's during the year. is this still not so? maybe this would work?

I had no idea that a person could actually get fired if someone they signed in misbehaved in the park. Sea World isn't quite that extreme, that I know of, with the comp tix we can give out. I have never heard of anyone getting fired because their guest acted up, but I guess Disney is much more strict.

I would never want to get anyone in trouble, like I said before, I didn't know the rules of CM sign ins. When I started the thread I thought I would at least ask on behalf of my friend, I didn't know what kind of response I would get. I didn't mean to offend anyone, if I did I apologize. It wont happen again, promise.

• CM for 4 years!

Feasibly, a cast member could offer to join these guests in the park for the day, or to offer them one of their complimentary admission tickets out of the kindness of their heart. Not as thanks for the DL tickets, but inconsequentially, the Sea World employee could offer a CM Sea World tickets, again, just out of the kindness of his/her heart. It's not an exchange or trade, but a gift between friends that has nothing to do with the others' gift. But I wouldn't do it now that it's been posted online, no matter how badly I want Sea World tickets. I mean, not that if I gave this person a DL ticket I would expect a Sea World ticket.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.