Interview on Tuesday...what to expect?!

Hi Micechatters,

I'm new to Mice Chat, so hopefully I am in the right place for this question. My phone interview for the Disney World College Program is this Tuesday. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice, tips, or what questions I can expect. Even though this is more of a Disneyland forum than Disneyworld, anything will be useful!

I appreciate any help! Thank you!!

--KUSheryl
    Last edited by KUSheryl; 08-31-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: clarification

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Re: Interview on Tuesday...what to expect?!

Hi KUSheryl! Welcome to Micechat, first of all! It's very nice to have you here.

My CP interview was in person (and four years ago), but I imagine the questions will be the same. They'll ask you about: your own activities and experiences, why you particularly want to work for Disney and what your expectations of a Cast Member might be, and there will also be some role-specific questions in there as well. For instance, how would you react to a child with lost parents, or a guest who was unsatisfied and belligerent.

These are just some examples. Don't be too nervous about it, and I'm sure you'll do fine! I'd also like to direct you to the main CP thread:

College Program

It's a nice, big thread, but it's a very helpful resource for prospective CPs. We'd love to hear more from you in there. Good luck with your interview!
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• insufferable know-it-all

I never did college program, but I've been through a few regular interviews.

You'll probably want to think of a time when you took a leadership role in something, when you solved a problem or conflict, and generally focus what you share in a "Getting to yes" direction (eg: making it right).

Good luck!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Well...

My CP interview was almost a year ago and it was pretty much to see if you could put together a coherent sentence... What's your name, where do you go to school, where are you from, who was the person who you met at the slide-show... Where do you want to work? List three departments in which you would like to work (I only said two). Where would you NOT want to work? And then one role specific question for your first choice.

It's fairly casual, so just make sure that you're relaxed and somewhere in which there's not a lot of background noise (I had it timed out fairly well, but then my interviewer called me FORTY-FIVE MINUTES LATE... Rawr!). Oh, and make sure you're in a good mood Good luck!

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

Wow, thanks so much for all of your responses! They helped me tremendously I appreciate all of your help! I think it went well!

• Nill

Awesome! What did they say to you after?

Well, I won't know for sure for another two to three weeks--but my interviewer kept saying, "good answer, great answer" so if I don't get it, I will be extremely disappointed! Thanks for asking!

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Quote Originally Posted by KUSheryl View Post
    Well, I won't know for sure for another two to three weeks--but my interviewer kept saying, "good answer, great answer" so if I don't get it, I will be extremely disappointed! Thanks for asking!
    Yay, come back and let us know! Good luck!
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

• Banned User

(though I am not a cast member(wish I was)) I thought Id wish you good luck anyway.

are you trying for the Anaheim resort or the Florida(wdw) resort?

I applied for Disney World in Florida. And I will definitely let you know! Thanks so much for the support and encouraging words

Just to give you an update--I was accepted into the WDW College Program! YAY! I'll be a quick service food and beverage cast member.

Any quick service food and beverage cast members out there? Do you like it? Thoughts or ideas?

Ah! I'm so excited Thanks again for everyone's help!

• Banned User

Just to give you an update--I was accepted into the WDW College Program! YAY! I'll be a quick service food and beverage cast member.

Any quick service food and beverage cast members out there? Do you like it? Thoughts or ideas?

yo, congrats!!!!

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Hmm...sorry, attractions here. But Congratulations! Be sure to keep us posted on your program!

I'm a DLR QSR (Quick Service Restaurants) F&B CM (at least I am until this Sunday ), and while I can say that I liked the people I worked with, the job was.....yea.

California/DLR QSR, for a bunch of reasons, operates very differently from our Floridian/WDW counterparts, so I can't give you any advice on the specifics of the role (i.e. what to expect during training and so on).

However, as it has been explained to me, Florida QSR consists of two/three positions, all of which you'll be trained and rotated between during your shifts by way of the Cast Deployment System (CDS, you'll learn more about it later).

The main one is the Counter position. In this position, you'll be serving up pre-prepared food or assembling dishes from already prepared components (the actual cooking, I understand, is handled by a seperate department) and serving it to our Guests. You'll also be responsible for ensuring the counter remains properly stocked and maintaining inventory.

There is also the Cashier position. In this position, you'll ring up guest purchases on the Point-of-Sale system (Cash Register), you might also hand the food to the guests, depending on the restaurant.

There is also the Bussing position. I'm not exactly sure if this is considered a seperate position, but it seems to me like it is. In this position, you bus and clean tables. You'll probably also spend some time washing dishes in the back.

All three positions involve significant Guest Interaction, and you will be expected to keep touch with basic Park Information ("Where are the Bathrooms?", "What time does the Magic Kingdom Park close tonight?", "Good god, I've lost my Key to the World Card! What do I do!?" )