Hello, New CM Here

Hey everyone, I just had my Guest Interaction Training today, and I'm going to be working in DCA Attractions in Hollywood on Flik's. My names Frank, and I hope to see you around. Still feel a little lost backstage, but I'm sure I'll figure it all out soon enough.

-Frank

Re: Hello, New CM Here

They are so over staffed in hollywood i have no idea why they are still hireing people.Good luck, hollywood is fun.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Hey Frank! If you would like, I'd be more then willing to show you around.

if your ever in the disneyland area ill show ya around
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    if your ever in the disneyland area ill show ya around
    Heh thanks I'd much appreciate it, I've only ever been to the Inn Bteween for lunch on day 1 of my OJT, and if I get special events or something there I'm going to get lost. I pretty much got DCA down, since we toured it on day 1 and guest interaction training. We got signed off to do parades, which I get but I'm a little on the confused side as to what working GC for parades actually consists of, besides of course, Guest Control. I mean do you just stand by the people to make sure they dont run at the parade? I can do crossovers fine, but I guess I'll just have to find out, because I was told by my home team manager that I could pick up parade shifts this week if they need it since I got signed off for that, but I have my PA next Sunday to be signed off for Flik's.

-Frank

Pick up as many as possible! even disneyland parade shifts as you can. i cant stress enough how much parades are a great way to help get more comfortable in your new CM role and help with guest interaction. And dont worry if you dont know what to do. The leads are very friendly and understand where you are coming from. Just give it your all and you will do fine. This coming from a GIT trainer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Thanks for the info guys. The thing that seems so amazing to me is how friendly everyone is. See, I was a Grocery Store Manager for about four months, and worked at said grocery store for 3 and a half years, and everyone always seemed to be bitter and kind of helpful, but ust like hated their job.

I came into it knowing that its a ob and things will happen as they tend to on jobs, like hour cuts, bad management, the usual. Being a big Disney nut and being able to truly be a CM has always been a dream of mine, and I'm so glad I got this job, I absolutely love it.

-Frank