Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview Help

Interview Help

I have a Transfer Interview for Attractions (in either TL or FL/Toon) coming up this week.

I was just wondering if anyone could give any advise on what I could expect to be asked. Does anyone here remember anything from their own interviews?

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Re: Interview Help

Don't you take my hours too! *shakes fist*

I have no idea, I just felt like shaking my fist. Just be yourself. !

Yay attractions is the best!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    Don't you take my hours too! *shakes fist*

I have no idea, I just felt like shaking my fist. Just be yourself. !

Yay attractions is the best!
    Actually, since you would be ahead of me in Seniority, you would be taking MY hours .

*shakes fist*

(j/k, I am aware that is the purpose of Seniority, lol)

• Former Sub Helmsman

Take my hours in TL. They got cleared up since Saturday night will be my last night.

Seriously, though....one thing I do remember is being given a list of duties and being asked if I had any problems with them. Lifting, kneeling, bending over, different things you have to do to check behind the scenes, check lap bars and seat belts, etc.

T

When I got my interview for Attractions it was if I had to could I lift certain weights by myself, they gave me situationals, like, what would you do if you were working Indy and a little child wasn't quite big enough to get on but he was a big Indy fan, and safety questions and things. Apparently I passed. :-D

-Frank

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by IceDevil9 View Post
    When I got my interview for Attractions it was if I had to could I lift certain weights by myself, they gave me situationals, like, what would you do if you were working Indy and a little child wasn't quite big enough to get on but he was a big Indy fan, and safety questions and things. Apparently I passed. :-D

-Frank
    OMG I GOT THAT QUESTION! Same scenario and everything. Honestly, I said "Oh my god I would cry!" and here I am.

I dont remember having to do an additional interview when I transfered is that new?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Must be. Let us know how it went! I'm excited cuz I got my PAs tomorrow and then I can finally sign off for Fliks and actually get into rotation.

Oh, and for those mentioning they're hiring too much, just met 2 more new hires today for Flik's, they were doing GIT.

-Frank

• You Spin Me Right Round

OMG I GOT THAT QUESTION! Same scenario and everything. Honestly, I said "Oh my god I would cry!" and here I am.
    My friend who hired into tomorrowland got it, too.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by DLDCALVR View Post
    My friend who hired into tomorrowland got it, too.
    And I hope they'd say they would cry, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDevil9 View Post

-Frank
    I got the exact same question (about Indy and height requirements). And I guess I passed as well.

No, I did not say I would cry, lol.

I will be transferring from Foods to TL Attractions sometime in the next few weeks .

On a side note, do any Foods CMs happen to know if I have to fill out any paperwork to leave Unite HERE!, I filled out the paperwork to join Teamsters, but I didn't get anything to leave Local 50.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    I will be transferring from Foods to TL Attractions sometime in the next few weeks .
    Yay! Welcome to the east side.

Random but, how was the transferring process? What did you do to transfer? Who'd you see? I am thinking about going in the casting center but... And I know you've been with the company long enough not to worry about it, but do you know how long you have to wait to transfer? 4 or 6 months?
    Last edited by ashley solo; 09-23-2008 at 05:47 PM.

• You Spin Me Right Round

Congrats! We will miss you in Foods, but have fun with Ops.

I suggest contacting Here directly. You can find the contact info on their website or myspace.

Enjoy yourself in Tomorrowland!

Random but, how was the transferring process? What did you do to transfer? Who'd you see? I am thinking about going in the casting center but... And I know you've been with the company long enough not to worry about it, but do you know how long you have to wait to transfer? 4 or 6 months?
    To apply for a Transfer, you have to fill out an application, which you can obtain from Casting or on The Hub, and have your manager sign and approve it.

You have to had been in your current role for at least 4 months, and must have gone at least 4 months without a Verbal/Written.

You turn in the completed and approved application to Casting, and wait for a role to open up. Casting will then call you and schedule an appointment with a Casting Recruiter.

The interview was fairly straight forward, not that much different from a New Hire interview. They did ask why I was interested in transferring out of Foods, and what I thought an Attractions Host(ess) did.

If you're recommended/approved for a Transfer, they'll do a lot of the same stuff that you did when you hired in. They'll give you the job description and ask if you can do it without accomodations, as well as the Union paperwork (if applicable).

However, for Transferees, they'll also go over a Transfer sheet that shows what you gain and lose by transferring with regards to benefits.

If they don't recommend/approve you for a Transfer, there are several options. They can work with you and try to find another LOB to put you in if you really want to leave. You can also choose to decline the Opportunity and stay in your current role.

As to after the interview, Casting will work with both departments (the one you're leaving and where you're going) to determine your Release Date (which also becomes your Seniority date if you're transferring into a Union role), they'll call you and inform you of it, and then transfer the file to Employee Administrative Services, who will schedule the CM for the appropriate LOB Class, and On-Boarding, who will handle the scheduling of OJT.

Quote Originally Posted by DLDCALVR View Post
    Congrats! We will miss you in Foods, but have fun with Ops.

I suggest contacting Here directly. You can find the contact info on their website or myspace.

Enjoy yourself in Tomorrowland!
    I'll miss Foods, too. I like most of the people I've had the pleasure and the opportunity to work with over the past year (heck, I can even say the same for Management and the Union). In the end, it was the job itself that got to me, certainly not the people .

I hope the TL instead of FL/TT wasn't a choice.

Congrats, hope you enjoy attractions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast