Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Disney Store Name Tags?

I heard from my lead that we will be getting new name tags that look similar to those used at Disneyland, sometime this month. I believe what she told me was that they will have silver pixie dust around it, and have a spot for our service award pins. Can anyone verify this news?

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: New Disney Store Name Tags?

Someone sent me this awhile ago. Supposedly the mockup of what the new tags are supposed to be. I'm not sure how accurate it is or how close it will be to the actual final product, but it gives you a pretty good idea.

• You Spin Me Right Round

I still have my name tag and year pin from the Disney Store.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

We haven't gotten those yet, but we got an MIB the other day that said we're getting new shirts very soon.
    The shirts are suppose to change all together, but there's a filler one for the next year or so. It's the same red but no mickey logo just the word Disney Store with the pixie dust. Subtle but nice
    Also, they're redesigning the year pins (again) so those are suppose to be coming in the next year or so too

• ..but you can call me Pam

Quote Originally Posted by DLDCALVR View Post
    I still have my name tag and year pin from the Disney Store.
    Me too!!

• Disney Cast Member

The mock-up may be old if what I saw was the final product for the new Disney Store name-tags. About a month ago or so my regional Manager for the Central California Disney Stores had his new Disney store name tag, he let me look at it. It was white of course. but no pixie dust around the sides, only silver lines (like the red ones that are around the sides now), the logo at the top in the bubble was the new Disney Store logo, a red interior with the Disney Store text in white and the pixie dust around it in metallic red and silver, no bubble at the base of the name tag (they will be shaped like the Disney Parks name tags) and the backing was red and supported the new Magnet attachment as opposed to the current safety pin attachment. I was told by my new Assistant Manager, that yes, we will be getting temporary shirts until the new Costumes are released in October of 2009, the shirts will still be red like the ones we have now, but the current Mickey Head logo will be replaced with the new Pixie Dust Disney Store Logo. As for when they name tags will be arriving, my regional manager said "soon " when I talked to him, but he also said that about the Cast IDs, which took 3 months to arrive, so Im not sure when we will get them, I hope soon though!

Thanks to everyone who has given news on the new name tags. I cant wait until they come in.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

My Manager just returned from her managers meeting, which was held in Walt Disney World, and she recieved her new name badge there. It is exactly like how totrider described it, but has a safety pin. She actually got to meet John Lasseter, since he was on hand during the meeting. He said that he is going to design special shorts, exclusively for the Disney Store. How exciting is that. But that is another subject on its own.

• Disney Cast Member

Here is a link to a picture of the new Disney Store Cast Member name tags along with some info, enjoy!
    Just an FYI, the picture in the link has been sized down, so the name tag looks a lot more condensed on the sides than it really is, its about the same size as the Disneyland Name tags (I compared my Disneyland name tag from when I worked there to my managers new name tag the other day)
    Pin Pics: View Pin 66243

Thanks for the link totrider! I guess what I should have said in my previous post was that John Lasseter was going to design special "animated" shorts specifically for the Disney Stores. Not shorts that you wear, as it may have sounded.
    Last edited by mickeymark34; 11-03-2008 at 05:42 PM.

• Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    Thanks for the link totrider! I guess what I should have said in my previous post was that John Lasseter was going to design special "animated" shorts specifically for the Disney Stores. Not shorts that you wear, as it may have sounded.
    Haha, gotchya, yea...at first I was like...Im not sure how overly well it would go for some CMs of having to wear shorts to work...lol, but now I can re-assure them the shorts are Animation movie shorts, not clothing! Thanks for the Info!

I finally got mine!!!! It is awesome, and I love it. My name is a little crooked, but I can live with it.

• Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    I finally got mine!!!! It is awesome, and I love it. My name is a little crooked, but I can live with it.
    im so jealous! did everyone in your store get one or just you because you ordered a new one? my one year was up last week and my manager has yet
    to order my new shirt and name tag, it is really starting to make me mad....

• Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by totrider16 View Post
    im so jealous! did everyone in your store get one or just you because you ordered a new one? my one year was up last week and my manager has yet
    to order my new shirt and name tag, it is really starting to make me mad....
    Do you happen to have the number to call to order the new name tag and shirts? my manager said i could do it myself if i wanted but she didnt have the number and the one I was given was 1.884.minnie, but it doesnt have enough digits to be a phone number. Any help would be great!

• You Spin Me Right Round

When I worked there it was 1-888-4MINNIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast