CRSS Question...

Hi there,

Ok, I am pretty jazzed now that I know there is a Sat, Sun classification for CMs. I have always wanted to work for Disney but could not afford to leave my Mon-Fri gig so SS seems like a great option for me. I heard in a previous thread that the SS classification is hard to obtain but let's assume all goes perfectly for me and I get it.

I am trying to research as much as I can before I apply and would like to know how often per month should a SS EE expect to work. Should I expect to be scheduled both Sat and Sun every weekednd of the month, or is it more tame than that? Since there are a lot of threads here about schedule cuts for regular CMs I thought I would ask.

Also, I am wondering about the interviewing process and how long I should plan. I will go up on a Saturday (which I imagine is more busy but I could be wrong). Should I arrive extra early? I am thinking of taking the train from San Diego so that is why I am wondering. I could drive if necessary so hopefully one of you can provide some insight so I can make my decision and get my butt up to DL for an interview!

Thanks!

Re: CRSS Question...

if everything goes perfectly and you do get CR-SS then expect to work all saturday and sundays unless you ask for a specific day off. Holidays as well if Im not mistaken but I could be about that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    Holidays as well if Im not mistaken but I could be about that.
    Actually, for CR-SS or any of the other Alternative Availability Agreement statuses, you don't work Holidays that fall outside of your agreed availability unless you provide for additional availability in advance using the Form provided by Cast Scheduling.

Even during Summer/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter, unless you say you're available, you don't work other than the days you've agreed to.

Thanks for all of your responses. So, from response number one I can assume that I would work every weekend... right? My initial question was if they work CRSSs EVERY weekend or if it is more like two out of three weekends per month.

Also, anyone with info on the interview? I am hoping to go up this Saturday!!

Quote Originally Posted by DLcastmbr View Post
    if everything goes perfectly and you do get CR-SS then expect to work all saturday and sundays unless you ask for a specific day off. Holidays as well if Im not mistaken but I could be about that.
    Expect to work every single Saturday and Sunday for the rest of your natural life even IF you ask for a specific day off!!!

lol

But no holidays if they fall on M-F and nothing but Sat/Sun even during peak season, unless you volunteer for extra shifts.

The thing to be aware of coming from San Diego is that some shifts start quite early, like 6:30am, and some extend very late, like until 2am, because of the hours of the park during peak season. So the train might not always be an option for you.

Thanks! I figured on days when my schedule and the train don't match up I would just drive. I am doing this for fun mostly (and to fufill my dream of working at DL) so getting a hotel room is also an option (because I can just use the money I earn for the room). I used to be a Flight Attendant and commuted from SD to LAX for a few years so I am pretty resourceful when it comes to commuting.

I am totally going for it. I am going to go buy a suit on my lunch break today. Thanks all for your insight! I am pretty excited right now!

• Still wants to be a cat!

How did things go? You have to keep us updated.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• You Spin Me Right Round

CR-SS as I understand are allowed to be scheduled outside of their availibility for training purposes.