• Don't lets be silly! șoș

2009 Ambassador Team Selection

If you have time be sure to come out October 17 at 10:30am to find out who is selected as our 2009 Disneyland Resort Ambassador Team!

Re: 2009 Ambassador Team Selection

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    If you have time be sure to come out October 17 at 10:30am to find out who is selected as our 2009 Disneyland Resort Ambassador Team!
    I'm probably going to be there. If we're attending (out of costume and not working), do we have to enter from Backstage, or can we come through the Main Gate, flash our IDs at the Event and take a seat?

The sad thing is, I can already take a pretty good guess of who is going to be chosen, mostly because it'll be a cold day in Adventureland before a CM from Park/Hotel Operations or Resort Support (or other front-line roles and positions) is chosen.
    Last edited by glendalais89; 10-14-2008 at 10:46 PM.

If you're not working you'd need to enter as a guest without your name tag on would be my guess. If you're working and have had prior permission from your Lead/Manager, then you allowed to come in costume and name tag on.

I don't want to show favoritism, and I know they all could do a wonderful job as our Resort Representative to the world.

Either way, I know whoever is selected, they will do a wonderful job in creating the magic, supporting the dream, and shearing everything that makes the Disneyland Resort such a wonderful place; from our dedicated Cast Members, our beautiful Hotels, and magical Parks, to our rich History.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 10-27-2008 at 04:30 AM.

Either way, I know whoever is selected, they will do a wonderful job in creating the magic, supporting the dream, and shearing everything that makes the Disneyland Resort such a wonderful place; from our dedicated Cast Members, our beautiful Hotels, and magical Parks, to our rich History.
    I'll agree with you there, they're all wonderful Cast Members, and I as a DLR Cast Member would be proud to have any of them representing the Resort and the Cast, myself included, to the Community (though, like you, I do have my favourites ).

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    The sad thing is, I can already take a pretty good guess of who is going to be chosen, mostly because it'll be a cold day in Adventureland before a CM from Park/Hotel Operations or Resort Support (or other front-line roles and positions) is chosen.
    Wow, Adventureland must be freezing today, lol . *proceeds to eat humble pie*

Congratulations to Danielle and Quinn !

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    Wow, Adventureland must be freezing today, lol . *proceeds to eat humble pie*

Congratulations to Danielle and Quinn !
    Well the past few nights I've been freezing at night at work so adventureland must be cold too.

Congratulations to Quinn, and Danielle for being selected the 2009 Disneyland Resort Ambassador Team! I know they'll do a wonderful job in representing all who work and play at the Disneyland Resort!

I don't want to show favoritism, and I know they all could do a wonderful job as our Resort Representative to the world. Though I'm really hoping for David Enriquez to be one of them. I have yet to meet him in person, but he comes of as the most genuine to me. That's not to take anything away from Quinn, Carey, Danielle, and Karen (I think her name is?).
    I'm totally bummed that David didn't get it!! He's a friend of mine and it would have been perfect for him. We got our teaching credentials together and he ultimately decided to go back to Disneyland! I call him to meet up every time I'm back in Socal and go to DL.

My best score ever!

• CM for 4 years!

I knew Quinn would win. I mean, come on. That dude is everywhere on CastTV grinning like he gets paid extra to do it. I'm surprised he didn't attempt ambassador-status in the past!!

I still can't believe someone from Photopass got that ****. Isn't it like an unspoken rule that no one from Park Operations/in an hourly position ever gets chosen to be an Ambassador?!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I think it's AWESOME that Danielle got it. It gives everyone else hope that they actually could get it, hourly or not. I also believe I'd heard that Quinn had made it to the Finals several times, but ended up getting cut at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel View Post
    I knew Quinn would win. I mean, come on. That dude is everywhere on CastTV grinning like he gets paid extra to do it. I'm surprised he didn't attempt ambassador-status in the past!!
    I was thinking the same thing. He's already an unofficial Cast Representative (not to mention the guest DLR Promotional Materials he's in). When were we as a Resort going to get around and give him a title to make it official, lol?

I still can't believe someone from Photopass got that ****. Isn't it like an unspoken rule that no one from Park Operations/in an hourly position ever gets chosen to be an Ambassador?!
    Yea, I know. Not only did the DLR pick front-line CMs (with Quinn having been on the Dream Squad, recently, I think that sorta qualifies him as one) for Cast Ambassadors, but so did WDW (their 2009 Ambassadors being from the MK Dream Squad/Guest Relations and Facilities/Industrial Engineering).

I wonder what happened to spur such a radical departure from precedent, lol.

Either way, it's good to know that even Front-Line CMs can go the distance, lol. *triggers music*

• Minion

Having worked park attractions through the 80s, I was amazed to find out they started choosing guys....back in the 90s, was it?

When I was a CM at the park, there was talk that it would never be a guy. A dude might make the semifinals, or finals, but it would always be a woman chosen.

I thought about going for it a couple of times, but I figured what was the point?