• Really?

Training for Attractions

I just got hired into Attractions in Adventureland/Fronteirland...can someone give me a heads up on what the training is like? How long is it? Also how long does it usually take to actually start working after Traditions?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Training for Attractions

There is no real answer to any of those questions. Training can last anywere from 2-5 days, it all depends on what attraction you are training at. Guest Interaction is one day of training, and you will typically open the attraction, close the attraction and have a PA (sign-off) day.

As far as what is the training like? Be a bit more specific...

And regarding when your training will be after Traditions...hard to say. It's based on many variables...where you're going, that areas need for trainees, your availability, your trainer's availability, if you have a training buddy, then their availability...you get the point. Both times I hired, I had Traditions (or the first time I hired in, the two days of Orientation) and then started training within the week...

Good luck!

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

• Don't lets be silly! o

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya70 View Post
    I just got hired into Attractions in Adventureland/Fronteirland...
    Aw!! I wanted to hire in there! If you get Jungle I'll be quite unhappy, though very happy for you at the same time!!

Either way, have fun with it!

• Really?

Quote Originally Posted by kriskitty22 View Post
    As far as what is the training like? Be a bit more specific...
    I guess I was just wondering what type of training to expect. Which you answered pretty well...thanks!

What's a PA (sign off) day???

• Still wants to be a cat!

It's like a final exam for the attraction you've been trained on...if you pass (almost everyone does), you'll be signed off and ready to work the attraction on a regular basis.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

ODV also had a sign off with several written test. Like, what should the temp be on a Churro cart? What type of fire extinguisher should you use on an oil fire? What is the minimal temperature for a hot dog cart? Last test was counting change with your trainer. What surprised me was several people had trouble counting change. In the end we all passed and were off. Only place I didn't like working was GLOW 59 I think, outside the main gate under the monorail. Would always talk with the balloon ODV from DCA. Ah, memories before I had to get a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    Like, what should the temp be on a Churro cart? What type of fire extinguisher should you use on an oil fire? What is the minimal temperature for a hot dog cart? Last test was counting change with your trainer. What surprised me was several people had trouble counting change.
    If I were to guess, I'd say 140F; CO2, PKP, AFFF or something similar that's intended for a Class B fire; and again 140F. Just guessing because I can.

• You Spin Me Right Round

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    If I were to guess, I'd say 140F; CO2, PKP, AFFF or something similar that's intended for a Class B fire; and again 140F. Just guessing because I can.
    As a vending trainer myself:

165 degrees
    Class AB extinguisher (or ABC, since that is the one on all our wagons)
    and our hot dog warmers are set to 150, but 140 IS an acceptible temperature, but nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by DLDCALVR View Post
    As a vending trainer myself:
    165 degrees
    Class AB extinguisher (or ABC, since that is the one on all our wagons)
    and our hot dog warmers are set to 150, but 140 IS an acceptible temperature, but nothing less.
    Cooking oil fires are Class B; CO2 and AFFF extingiushers are Class B, while PKP extinguishers are Class BC, so any of the types I mentioned would work. On the other hand, AFFF and PKP are generally used by airports and the military, so you probably wouldn't find any such extinguishers lying around at Disneyland.

Just remember, water + oil fire = bad thing And may whatever gods you believe in have mercy if you encounter a Class D fire...

• You Spin Me Right Round

Haha. That went waaaay over my head. I knew what meant, I wasnt correcting you.

• Fastest Man Alive

Just remember, water + oil fire = bad thing And may whatever gods you believe in have mercy if you encounter a Class D fire...
    And also remember..fighting fire with fire, does NOT work with actual fires. It's probably for the best I'm not in ODV. :P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's like a final exam for the attraction you've been trained on...if you pass (almost everyone does), you'll be signed off and ready to work the attraction on a regular basis.
    I wouldn't say that... I've seen a lot of people FAIL the PA at the end of their training. Heck, I needed an extra half-day when I got trained at Indy because I couldn't rattle off certain procedures off the top of my head at rapid succession.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P