A very sad Cast Member

Our store had a mandatory meeting recently and were told by our District Manager that our store was to close at the end of this month. This news was very unexpected, and shocking, to many of the Cast, including me.

To us, that store was very magical, and special.

I worked last night, which was the very last night that the store would be "normal", as liquidation signs were to be put up this morning. I did my very best to give exceptional guest service under the circumstances. I have to admit, while talking with one guest, that it was very hard to hold back tears, and keep my composure as she asked me if we will be getting some specific die cast "Cars" characters to the store. In that moment I realised that a source of happiness to many people in this area, will no longer be around. I told her to try to come in sometime this weekend to see if they are available, knowing that we would have liquidation procedures in place. It was the only thing I could tell her, so she would have that one last chance to come back to the store before it closes for good.

I am trying very hard to be strong in this situation, but it is very difficult for me, as I have a great time working there. I have met many great guests, who I look forward to greeting while I am there. I also have the greatest coworkers anyone could dream of having. It saddens me to think that we will not be able to make magical memories at our store.

I do have many memories there, that I will keep with me forever.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• TR2N. Are You Ready?

Re: A very sad Cast Member

I'm so sorry to hear that That sounds so sad

Hope you'll still work at Disney!

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

aw, that's sad. I'm sorry.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you will get through it alright, it's always a sad thing.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Stayin' alive

That stinks, mickeymark34. I'd be heartbroken if I was in your situation. I hope things turn around for you quickly and you find a job you can love just as much as the one you had at your store.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymark34 View Post
    Our store had a mandatory meeting recently and were told by our District Manager that our store was to close at the end of this month. This news was very unexpected, and shocking, to many of the Cast, including me.

To us, that store was very magical, and special.

I worked last night, which was the very last night that the store would be "normal", as liquidation signs were to be put up this morning. I did my very best to give exceptional guest service under the circumstances. I have to admit, while talking with one guest, that it was very hard to hold back tears, and keep my composure as she asked me if we will be getting some specific die cast "Cars" characters to the store. In that moment I realised that a source of happiness to many people in this area, will no longer be around. I told her to try to come in sometime this weekend to see if they are available, knowing that we would have liquidation procedures in place. It was the only thing I could tell her, so she would have that one last chance to come back to the store before it closes for good.

I am trying very hard to be strong in this situation, but it is very difficult for me, as I have a great time working there. I have met many great guests, who I look forward to greeting while I am there. I also have the greatest coworkers anyone could dream of having. It saddens me to think that we will not be able to make magical memories at our store.

I do have many memories there, that I will keep with me forever.
    can they transfer you to one of the park(s) or maybe Downtown Disney?

I do appreciate your support everybody. I do not know why it is affecting me so much. Who I feel for the most in this situation, are the Cast Members who only have a job at The Disney Store, and what they will do. Luckily, I have another source of income, other than The Disney Store. I have been telling my Cast Members to apply where I work, as there are some openings. Also, my District Managers position was cut, so he is in the same boat as all of the Cast. It is very sad to me.

disneyfan07, I wish I could work at the Parks, or Downtown Disney, but I live 5 hours away. There is one other store in the area, which is around 30 miles away from me, that I would be willing to drive to, but there are no transfers allowed at this time. I will go down there during the summer and see if they are doing any hiring for the holidays.
    Last edited by mickeymark34; 01-10-2009 at 09:47 AM.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

Well, after talking with my manager at The Disney Store, I will be able to transfer to the store closest to me. I guess everything is a go, and the paperwork is already complete. I guess I could rename this thread "A very HAPPY Cast Member".

Although, I am still sad at the thought of our beautiful store closing. We are getting together this weekend to make arrangements on an all Cast Disneyland trip. It should be fun, and it will be a bittersweet ending to our store closing.