Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking interveiw at the park

i have a interveiw at the park coming really soon and was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me

• Sock Puppet

Re: interveiw at the park

I can't answer about Disney specific, but I can tell you that as an interviewer, I would much prefer hearing the answer, "I don't know myself, but I do know where I can find out" versus something made up just because the person felt that they HAD to supply an answer to the question.

Good luck!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by salasavandy View Post
    i have a interveiw at the park coming really soon and was just wondering if anyone has any tips for me
    Dont be shy!!

Ask questions.....lots of them. Write em down and memorize them if you have to. I had two interviews with Disney. One in '87 and one in '89.

I blew the 87 one because I just sat, listened, and nodded like a robot. I said next to nothing. GIANT mistake. The 89 one landed me the job because I interacted with the interviewer, asked questions, and showed a genuine interest in the park, its history, how things run. I'd say have at least four or five things to ask about once the interviewer gets done with what he/she is saying. Don't interupt, and most important of all - look your "Sunday best".

Bring a pad and something to write with and write down stuff that you know you'll remember anyway. Give the unmistakable impression that you are INTERESTED in working for them. Good luck!!!

Ask questions. Believe it or not they love you for this at Disneyland interviews. Ask questions and yes, don't sit there and nod and stuff and yea like ortizmo said. Be yerself. And as always, smile.

• Splash/Mansion/Big Boats

I had an interview just last month, and posted quite a bit about my experience. I gave an overview of how the process went here. I also wrote some interview tips in my eHow article.

I'm not even an employee yet, so I'm not in that great of a position to give advice, but here's what I got out of the interview which may help: don't hold back. When I finished my interview, there wasn't a single time where I thought I could have tried harder to answer their questions or demonstrate my social skills. And as Space Mountain said, my interviewer seemed to enjoy answering my questions. I wasn't "trying" to ask questions though, I just asked them as they came up.

I could tell she enjoyed answering them from the way she would pause whatever we were discussing for a moment, and then spend a minute or two giving a very intricate answer, giving me time to continue the question if I was still confused. When I asked her how the bump system worked, I'm pretty sure we spent quite a while just talking about that.

• Banned User

during the interview, can you bring a mini recorder? (I have somewhat imperfect handwriting and my class notes always looked like a doctors prescription)

• You Spin Me Right Round

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    during the interview, can you bring a mini recorder? (I have somewhat imperfect handwriting and my class notes always looked like a doctors prescription)
    I would say no to that, every thing that happens backstage at Disneyland is confidential, and they don't want their interview process leaked out.

Plus everything they tell you will be given to you in writing, by law.

• Banned User

cool. thanx!!

• Stores

I'm going in for an interview soon, too. Best of luck!

Be prepared to possibly have another person there along with you being interviewed. That really caught me off guard. It almost felt like a competition at times to have the best answer.

my interview is in a few hours and boy am i nervous lol....

• Lady & The Tramp

Be yourself. Don't lie and make up things. Be outgoing and really friendly. They like those are fun. I went to the job fair when I got hired and we had group interviews. So if you do have a group interview make yourself standout.

i got the job!!! they called today...ill be working in parking

• Goofy

congratulations.

Yay! Congrats!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast