• Semi-Lurker

Are There Many Long Time CMs Left?

I worked in the park many, many moons ago but a post in another thread got me thinking, Are there any CMs with many years of service still in the parks?

When I worked there, I was lucky to get many Mon- Fri daytime shifts in the off season. On Main Street where I worked, CMs with 10, 15, 20 years and more service was pretty common. What about now? What is the longest serving cast member you have worked with?

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

re: Are There Many Long Time CMs Left?

Not anymore, really, from what I hear. Back years ago the Disneyland wage was one you could live on. Now fast food places pay more. Today, you're lucky to see someone with a 5 year pin.

• DLR Cast Member

At the Main Entrance, we have a gentleman who is retiring at the end of March who has been there since the beginning. He was one of the first ticket sellers. When it's slow, we get him to tell us stories of the "old days" and he always cracks us up. I'm gonna miss the old guy, cause he's a sweetie.

When I got put on transistional duty a couple weeks ago, I met some of the stores cast members who have been there over 20 years, and some of them are just not too friendly to other cast members. I wondered what it was like back then and asked questions. I guess they don't look at those early days with as much fondness as my main entrance cast member, cause they wouldn't share some stories with me..

When I was put on trans duty I was able to visit many different locations and some had old timers. There was an extremely nice fellow in Adventureland who worked in the park for about 30 years. He told me about how the park has changed over the years, yet still loved working there.

• Missing an Angel

Re: Are There Many Long Time CMs Left?

I know of a few CMs in my department that have been there a long time. In some of our break rooms there are old pictures and I recogized a few of them. I worked with someone the other day that has been there for 37 years.

I know that someone in my department has been here for 22 years but thats the extent of it that high up. Quite a few people have been here for 3-8 or so years though.

It's not super common, but we have a decent amount of old timers, if that's what ya wanna call em', in DCA Attractions, obviously transferred from DL several years ago. For the most part though, that's not the case.

-Frank

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    At the Main Entrance, we have a gentleman who is retiring at the end of March who has been there since the beginning. He was one of the first ticket sellers. When it's slow, we get him to tell us stories of the "old days" and he always cracks us up. I'm gonna miss the old guy, cause he's a sweetie.
    Lets not leave out those few others who have been here over 40 years as well.

One of the leads in the area made some joke once about three of the other leads having "like a 1000 years of seniority". Well, they don't have that much, but added together, they have well over 100 years of service total.

• CM for 4 years!

The Blue Bayou and Club 33 servers have mostly been here forever
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.