• Banned User

ap related question.....

I am thinking of getting another ap (the one I had expired. ). however, I am considering applying for a job at the disneyland resort. are cast members allowed to have aps?

also, I wasnt sure which forum this thread belonged in so I put it here(I hope I put it in the right forum. if not it will need to be moved)

• Disneyland Historian

Re: ap related question.....

Cast members can have annual passes. Most try to get a refund as soon as they become a cast member because having both is a little redundant. There is some policy in place for refunds, something like if you have used it less than four times you are eligible.

• Banned User

yo greg thankx

I apologize for going off topic, but, part of the preemployment process for many businesses is to do a background check. what kind of background check is performed on cast members to be?

and now......back on topic....
    ap related question: can a cast member get their cm discount in addition to the ap discount, or are those two supposed to be taken seperately?

• AW THERE U R.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    yo greg thankx

I apologize for going off topic, but, part of the preemployment process for many businesses is to do a background check. what kind of background check is performed on cast members to be?

and now......back on topic....
    ap related question: can a cast member get their cm discount in addition to the ap discount, or are those two supposed to be taken seperately?

They will do a background check. It will usually be about if you're lying to them or not about jail, etc.

No. Why would anyone get that privledge? CM's hate AP's. If you're a CM you get the CM discount. If you're an AP, you get whatever discount Disney gives.
    I would much rather be a CM vs. a AP.

The Cast discounts in most cases exceed the AP discounts, and discounts cannot be combined. After I became a Cast Member, I only used my AP to enter the park, and sometimes for DVD purchases, where the Premium AP discount is the same as the Cast discount; at the time, processing a Premium AP discount was easier than a Cast discount.

• CM for 4 years!

I had an AP when I hired in. D'oh. I used it to get into the park until it expired because it was easier than using my cast ID.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

I have both just because we can't even get ourselves into the park when it's a maingate block out day (I'm FL site). So I get in with my AP, but always use my CM ID for discounts because it's higher. Then of course it's back to the AP when there's AP previews or something like that

oops... disregard post
    Last edited by Space Mountain; 03-13-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: misread the quote

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    Cast members can have annual passes. Most try to get a refund as soon as they become a cast member because having both is a little redundant. There is some policy in place for refunds, something like if you have used it less than four times you are eligible.
    Basically it's the amount of times you've used the AP times $94 (current price of a One-Day PH) then minus the cost of the AP you possess. So yah, basically it's like two times or more then you probably won't get a refund.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Having an AP while being a CM can sometimes get you in during a blockout date, if you have Premium, and an extra Fast Pass,

This might be a little off topic. Can cast members without an AP get AP exclusive merchandise like AP Pins? Or the Dining Pins?

I'm a new cast member with an AP so I'm wondering if I should bother renewing.. everyone made good points about having an AP as a cast member. Also if I renew can I get a discount on an AP?

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by EliteGCUnit View Post

CM's hate AP's.
    Really? I think it's unfair to clump all CM's into this logic. I don't hate APers at all. Heck, they help me keep my job!

Back on topic. I was and APer when I got hired in and used it quite often. Of course I never renewed when it expired...

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Having an AP while being a CM can sometimes get you in during a blockout date, if you have Premium, and an extra Fast Pass,
    You can't get an extra fastpass unless both your CM ID AND your AP have been used at the main entrance turnstiles that day. So you'd have to go through Maingate twice to get two fastpasses.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• AW THERE U R.

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    Really? I think it's unfair to clump all CM's into this logic. I don't hate APers at all. Heck, they help me keep my job!

Back on topic. I was and APer when I got hired in and used it quite often. Of course I never renewed when it expired...
    I have never met a CM who doesnt complain about them..The only ones I havent heard it from is the APS who turned into CM's...you know? I'm not trying to say its everyone but it hear it ALMOST everyday