Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Splash/Mansion/Big Boats

"Do some paperwork and receive your ID" - Is this traditions in disguise?

I was told that my appointment at TDA on the morning of the 20th would be to do some paperwork and receive my identification. I remember reading that you would receive your ID the same day as traditions, however at no point in the conversation was traditions mentioned. This will be my first time back at TDA since my interview in December.

I'm not worried or short on time, I would just like to know beforehand.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Re: "Do some paperwork and receive your ID" - Is this traditions in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by tj9991 View Post
    I was told that my appointment at TDA on the morning of the 20th would be to do some paperwork and receive my identification. I remember reading that you would receive your ID the same day as traditions, however at no point in the conversation was traditions mentioned. This will be my first time back at TDA since my interview in December.

I'm not worried or short on time, I would just like to know beforehand.
    When I was hired, a few days before Traditions my picture was taken for my ID, and I filled out some paper work; as well as notified me when I'd be attending Traditions. Have you filled out your W2, I9, and other legal documents yet? That could be what you're doing.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

You're probably doing your new hire paperwork schtuff. So maybe you didn't hear right, and they said "will be taking your picture for your I.D." which seems more correct. That day they should give you your Traditions date and time.

You should PM me your Traditions date so I can see if maybe we will be on the same date!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

After I got hired I went in to do my paperwork and got my picture taken for my id. They also gave me a pamphlet with the information about when I would be doing Traditions and my other training class, what to wear, and where to park. Traditions took about 8 hours; so they will definitely let you know before hand.

• AW THERE U R.

Where are you coming from Washington?? I'm from Snohomish and now I work at DL!

Do you know what you're doing? But I think someone said this that you do take your picture for your ID and you do a whole bunch of paperwork then you should be doing traditions either that next day or within the next week.

Thanks for the responses. She probably did just say that my picture would be taken, and I heard wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    You should PM me your Traditions date so I can see if maybe we will be on the same date!
    I don't go in until Friday, so feel free to just tell me when you're signed up for Traditions and I'll see if it's a choice when I go in!

Quote Originally Posted by EliteGCUnit View Post
    Where are you coming from Washington?? I'm from Snohomish and now I work at DL!

Do you know what you're doing?
    I moved from the greater Seattle area. I arrived day before yesterday in San Juan Capistrano.

My position will be NOCC Attractions.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I don't go in until Friday, so feel free to just tell me when you're signed up for Traditions and I'll see if it's a choice when I go in!
    I don't do my new hire paperwork until Tuesday so you technically will know your Traditions date first.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

I don't do my new hire paperwork until Tuesday so you technically will know your Traditions date first.
    Thanks for telling me that you were coming back! I knew it was happening, I just didn't know when...

Wait a sec. You were rehired?!

Congratulations!! What Department?

You should try to come over to Tomorrowland Attractions, we're hiring a lot of new people it seems (though we're also losing a lot of people too - I know of at least three people, myself included, who were accepted to WDW's CP and are leaving this summer/fall. along with several others who are pursuing other opportunities).

I moved from the greater Seattle area. I arrived day before yesterday in San Juan Capistrano.
    While I'm sure someone's already mentioned this to you, and you might've realised it since you've already arrived, I think I should just point it out....

San Juan Capistrano, though in Orange County, is actually fairly far from the DLR. You're much closer to San Diego and SeaWorld than you are to Anaheim. It's certainly a heck of a commute, particularly on Disney wages, lol.
    Last edited by glendalais89; 03-19-2009 at 02:45 AM.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    Wait a sec. You were rehired?!

Congratulations!! What Department?

You should try to come over to Tomorrowland Attractions, we're hiring a lot of new people it seems (though we're also losing a lot of people too - I know of at least three people, myself included, who were accepted to WDW's CP and are leaving this summer/fall. along with several others who are pursuing other opportunities).
    I WAS!! Thank you for the Congrats.

And well funny you should mention it, but I AM going to Tomorrowland Attractions! What attraction are you on again? I could look it up but I'm lazy. Anyway, I will DEFINITELY be seeing you around, before you disappear for WDW. (Congrats by the way!)

Thanks for telling me that you were coming back! I knew it was happening, I just didn't know when...
    DisneyMouse, it's been all over my Facebook, where have YOU been?! I'll be back in town on Monday so WOO HOO! We should go to the park in a celebratory fashion!
    Last edited by ashley solo; 03-22-2009 at 07:23 PM.

When I was filling out my paperwork, another new-hire that I had been speaking with saw that his scheduling was marked as full availability, and needed to have weekends off. I didn't have the heart to tell him that weekends were a requirement and that he had agreed to that, so I just told him to speak with the casting official about it, and a bit later I saw him walking out of the front doors and another person grabbing his unfinished paperwork

Today was my first day actually getting to watch CastTV! Every single time that chef comes on during the mid-week update and eats the cookie with that crazy look on his face, I giggle.

If anyone else recently received/will be receiving their traditions date, let me know when it is so I can see if we have it together

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Today was my first day actually getting to watch CastTV! Every single time that chef comes on during the mid-week update and eats the cookie with that crazy look on his face, I giggle.
    I LOVE CastTV!

I LOVE CastTV!
    I never watch it unless I'm at the Cafe and it happens ot be on, but usually it's a sports game or *Shudder* FOX News.

-Frank

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by IceDevil9 View Post
    I never watch it unless I'm at the Cafe and it happens ot be on, but usually it's a sports game or *Shudder* FOX News.

-Frank
    Anything > FOX News

I don't really know any other CM that likes CastTV but y'know.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I've never even watched Cast TV....well except for the one time I had to before filling out my final paperwork.

I'm in TL Attractions also....when you find out your attraction, let me know....would like to meet up with you if possible.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast