• Storyteller

CM Walkthroughs?

Since I have never been a CM and don't have any CM friends, I was wondering if CMs ever get to walkthrough the attraction they're working on? Like if someone's working on Indy or HM or Snow White, would they be able to simply walk through the attraction at the end or beginning of the day? Like just for fun/educational purposes? Also, what's the standard procedure on CMs riding the attractions at the end of the day? Do they just want to get everything closed down and go home or do they all ride it together a few times? What about on their breaks? These are things I've pondered over for awhile, would anyone care to enlighten me?

• Minion

Re: CM Walkthroughs?

I know that opening CMs have to walk the attraction and do tests to make sure it's safe for operation. I'm not so sure about closing as I've seen CMs walk out a few minutes after closing the attraction. Maybe there's another crew that comes through and cleans/tests the attractions after they cycle the vehicles off the track?

• Really?

At Indy there's a quick walkthrough at the end of the night to get all of the lost and found items that are inside of the attraction. You'd be amazed at some of the things we find each night!

• Missing an Angel

I've seen photos hanging in our office where some of our CMs got to walkthrough rides after getting Guest Complements..

Well the short answer is yes. All attractions need to be walked before and some even at close to check the attraction for various reasons. The really cool thing is during the off season they set up walk throughs some of the "cool" attractions (I.e. Indy, mansion, pirates, manterhorn) for other areas as perks of working or good behavior rewards. I got to walk through Indy after closeing, it was very cool.

It's nice for them to have it...What items have you found?...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

CMs do walkthroughs to check for safety and cleaniness before opening and check for lost and found at closing. CMs can do a ride through for "show checks," but are greatly discouraged to ride during break and lunches just in case of a breakdown.

• Minion

Good behavior rewards? That sounds strange.

A couple years ago, one of our Stores managers set up some walkthroughs for a small group of people. We'd go through a different ride every month or so.
    I want my cake back!