Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The Magics in the details

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School_Goofy
    I would advise checking with Disney first by contacting guest relations. As CM's we always love pictures, but random candid shots of guests will attract security. Guest relations can at least give you some guidlines and may be able to provide you with mateial for your project as well.
    I can tell u that DL usually smiles on guests putting CMs into their family photos, which does not necessarily mean a break of character. If you are trying to capture CMs backstage goofing off...or eating...or doing something that isn't on stage for a reason, then that would be a violation of show and consequently not smiled upon, and shouldn't be soliciting it. If u can be a bit more exacting with what you want to capture on film... i can give u a less ambiguous answer.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Greetings, Program!

It was on Canoes (and only Canoes) that guests of the female persuasion seemed to enjoy taking my picture with themselves and their friends.

I was never aware of some sort of regulation, but even if I were, I doubt I would have given a s**t.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000
    It was on Canoes (and only Canoes) that guests of the female persuasion seemed to enjoy taking my picture with themselves and their friends.
    Oh really... I wonder if you knew any of the CMs my friends and I used to take pictures with at the Canoes! Those were good times. There was this one Canoe CM that was particularly amusing... I still have a photo of him doing the Heisman Trophy pose!

• Resident Science Nerd

Just so y'all know, I've taken four rolls of pictures without a problem. I haven't actually had to ask CMs, because I've been able to get good pics without asking. I'll be around in the next month or so, so if any of you CMs see some college student with a manual 35mm camera, you can probably assume it's me. If any of you think I've taken your picture, I'd be happy to make you a nice 8x10 print of it, just drop me a PM.

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station
    you didn't happen to have a tripod in downtown disney around the 6th of march did you?
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Resident Science Nerd

nope, no tripod and I was last there the 3rd.

I've had my picture taken by a guest. I was told in training that it is ok, but officially we are not to "ham it up" or "break character"

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland
    I've had my picture taken by a guest. I was told in training that it is ok, but officially we are not to "ham it up" or "break character"
    When the stores were owned by Disney (same policy now too) is that guests can take pictures of the store, but not of CMs. However, if they ask we usually let them. Last weekend some lady came in video taping the front of the store so I walked away! I was camera shy. On Halloween I got photographed a lot as a princess. I tried hard to be the sweet Sleeping Beauty, but it's hard. Way to go entertainment CMs!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 10-8atDisneyland

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Is that Maynard? It is isn't it! I can't figure out exactly why, but he really puts me off.
    Last edited by fearsnda; 03-12-2005 at 12:10 AM.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    Is that Maynard? It is isn't it! I can't figure out exactly why, but he really puts me off.
    I dunno what to say to that. I see him everytime and he is less and less "Maynard" every time we talk to him; I think he's a really nice guy.

• something else...

OH HOW I MISS HIM ON THE JUNGLE CRUISE (and the cruise itself)

I dunno what to say to that. I see him everytime and he is less and less "Maynard" every time we talk to him; I think he's a really nice guy.
    I KNOW...i was talking to him on the last day of Great Moments...it was the saddest thing ever. But he did the radio commercial that he did in hawaii for me...his Minihuni voice is so awesome. Next time you see him ask him to do it for you.
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingMorgy
    OH HOW I MISS HIM ON THE JUNGLE CRUISE (and the cruise itself)

I KNOW...i was talking to him on the last day of Great Moments...it was the saddest thing ever. But he did the radio commercial that he did in hawaii for me...his Minihuni voice is so awesome. Next time you see him ask him to do it for you.
    Oh, I've heard the Minihuni bit a couple of times.
    Has he told you about why he won't do Jungle Cruise?

• Minion

>_< GAH! Maynard............ I wasnt even in attractions and I heard how much of an *** he was to everyone from cast. -___- *throws a flaming bag of poop at him*
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

I always let people take pictures of me...it's the video that freaks me out. I also am a photo student, and I took pictures of guests and security did not chase me down.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast