Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Resident Science Nerd

Question Taking pictures of CMs?

I have a question for cast members that I'm going to ask here because I can't get anyone at DL to give me a real response.
    I'm a photography student and I'm doing a project about DL. I would really like to be able to take pictures of CMs in their land costumes. As a CM if I walked up to you with my camera and asked to take a picture of you would you let me? I'm especially interested in capturing the "real" person inside of those surreal costumes. Would you as a CM break charecter if I asked you to for a picture?
    Does anyone know if there are offical rules about this type of stuff? Do you think I could get a way with taking candids of guests and then just walking away with no explaination? I'm trying to figure out what I can do to get the pictures I want without ending up in one of those rooms in security.

TIA!

• Do I seem familiar?

I was never informed about a rule to refuse a Guest who asked for a picture with me. Personally, if someone wanted to take a picture with or of me, by all means! Just promise me you won't make fun of me in your commentary.

My friends and I used to take pictures with CMs (and they were very nice-looking ones). Some of them obliged like it was nothing, some were really great about it and chatted a bit with us (two former canoe CMs were really nice and funny). What do you mean about capturing the "real" person inside of the costumes? What would you be asking them to do?

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    Sounds like he wants you to get naked.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• This Maid Loves it!!

I wouldn't mind... im in a few pictures with guests and APs, as long as it doesn't go on a tv show or something! LOL
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

Post pictures

I would advise checking with Disney first by contacting guest relations. As CM's we always love pictures, but random candid shots of guests will attract security. Guest relations can at least give you some guidlines and may be able to provide you with mateial for your project as well.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• cp alumni spring adv 03

i alwasy thought it was strange to have people taking pictures of us in our costumes, but people do it!

• Resident Science Nerd

Thanks!

I did hear back from DL, the official policy is that taking pictures of CMs is not allowed. But it from what y'all are saying, it sounds like I could get away with it. Any recomendations for getting guest relations help me find opportunites to get the material I'm looking for?

What I mean by 'capturing the real person' is seeing CMs reflect more of their real personality instead of the persona required by their attraction. Think a smiling haunted mansion CM or a frowning Pooh CM(ok well, that last one maybe less of a stretch ;-) )

But if anyone wants to get naked....lol. Just kidding. '

And KoH, I'm a she :-)

• Minion

Haha, this reminds me of a photo project I wanted to do, in which I would dress up as various princesses and smoke cigarettes in front of the castle and have huge bags under my eyes, etc. But my dreams were crushed! Apparently adults can't wear costumes into Disney (although I could probably pass as a kid..). I see where they're coming from, though.

I think its hard to believe you aren't allowed to take pictures of CMs. I've taken lots with ones that made trips particularly enjoyable.

• Lord of the Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Haha, this reminds me of a photo project I wanted to do, in which I would dress up as various princesses and smoke cigarettes in front of the castle and have huge bags under my eyes, etc.
    Cannot.stop.laughing.

I think its hard to believe you aren't allowed to take pictures of CMs. I've taken lots with ones that made trips particularly enjoyable.
    Same here. Never a word from anybody. If it's a rule, the CMs either don't know or don't care. Either way, good for them.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

• Do I seem familiar?

If it's a rule, the CMs either don't know or don't care.
    I think it's both.

• Minion

Please! LOL I was a stores cast member, we used to have people take pics of us all the time. If you ask the cast member they will let you, lol and most of the time if you ask them to be themselves they will. Of course city hall will tell you no lol You have to remember you are a guest, and a tourist, disney will bend over backwards to make you happy. Besides, I used to think it was awesome to find pics of me on japanese sites

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by DemonicDemona
    Besides, I used to think it was awesome to find pics of me on japanese sites
    ROFLMAO!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by haiderodes
    i alwasy thought it was strange to have people taking pictures of us in our costumes, but people do it!
    I have been in a guest picture or two and I am a Non-Costumed CM, imagine how odd I feel. :confused:
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Haha, this reminds me of a photo project I wanted to do, in which I would dress up as various princesses and smoke cigarettes in front of the castle and have huge bags under my eyes, etc. But my dreams were crushed! Apparently adults can't wear costumes into Disney (although I could probably pass as a kid..). I see where they're coming from, though.

Buwhahaha! That just made my day.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Go Guests from Japan! I've been literally pulled from walking to be in their pictures .. Never ask then to take your picture. They can use a whole roll in 24 clicks! So, bring your digital camera and make sure you say only take One. Then they take 5, good photographers though.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast