• Sock Puppet

Red Face Would they rehire me?

Ok I am going to say upfront I have effed up when it comes to working at Disney and I deeply regret it. In March 2006 I applied right after I turned 18, got a job on Main Street in foods, and quit the second day I worked because I realised the hours were way too much for me as a student. I then went back in November of 2007 and was hired into attractions in Tomorrowland but quit the day of Traditions because I was in over my head once more realizing they weren't willing to work with my school hours(and yes I talked to them and they weren't able to rearrange shifts they'd given me). Now I am at a point where I will soon be living in my car and I just need a job with insane hours so I'm not sitting around in my car. I am willing to work like mad once my semester is over the end of May. Question is, would they rehire me if I deeply apologized and promised I would give it my best shot this time? I've grown and matured and am willing to take responsibility and work the hours given to me because I need to be working as much as possible. And heck, living in my car I'll probably just park it in the cast lot and sleep there so I'd always be on time haha.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Would they rehire me?

Quote Originally Posted by Orcinus View Post
    Ok I am going to say upfront I have effed up when it comes to working at Disney and I deeply regret it. In March 2006 I applied right after I turned 18, got a job on Main Street in foods, and quit the second day I worked because I realised the hours were way too much for me as a student. I then went back in November of 2007 and was hired into attractions in Tomorrowland but quit the day of Traditions because I was in over my head once more realizing they weren't willing to work with my school hours(and yes I talked to them and they weren't able to rearrange shifts they'd given me). Now I am at a point where I will soon be living in my car and I just need a job with insane hours so I'm not sitting around in my car. I am willing to work like mad once my semester is over the end of May. Question is, would they rehire me if I deeply apologized and promised I would give it my best shot this time? I've grown and matured and am willing to take responsibility and work the hours given to me because I need to be working as much as possible. And heck, living in my car I'll probably just park it in the cast lot and sleep there so I'd always be on time haha.
    Probably not... especially since your commitment to a job that you were hired for was lacking not once, but twice. A Casting recruiter is going to look at that and probably X you on the spot... frankly, I know I would.

There are plenty of applicants at the Casting Center and frankly, not that many departments are hiring right now. I know that departments like Front Desk hasn't hired anyone (they just hired a few folks) in almost a year.

I'm honestly surprised they hired you back the second time... but yah, when there are many good applicants turned away right now because turnover is so low in most all departments, I highly doubt they'll even consider someone who has shown a lack of commitment (regardless of the circumstances, though I personally feel that "school > job") twice in the past.

Unfortunately, your actions at the DLR and your rehire status (which I would guess is "no-rehire") affects your status with all aspects of this Company. Your actions in the past will definately affect any sort of potential opportunities with any division within the Disney Company as a whole in general.

It doesn't hurt to stop by Casting and find out what your rehire status is though. Contrary to popular belief, MiceChat is not Disney... for instances like these, it's best to go with the source then some fan website.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Pilot EdForceOne

If someone is in a financial crisis.. working for Disney is not how to solve it.

Go work somewhere where getting hours is not an issue and more in your control. Disney doesn't pay well, nor grant consistent hours to non-seniority roles.

If you are really in financial distress as you say, then please help yourself and go try working for someone who pays well and as much as you can take.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    If someone is in a financial crisis.. working for Disney is not how to solve it.

Go work somewhere where getting hours is not an issue and more in your control. Disney doesn't pay well, nor grant consistent hours to non-seniority roles.

If you are really in financial distress as you say, then please help yourself and go try working for someone who pays well and as much as you can take.
    I agree with this actually. While some weeks you'll be swimming in hours, there will be some weeks where you will have little to no hours. Being at the very bottom of the seniority totem pole can be chaotic and stressful sometimes... and the overflowing number of College Program kids we get every term doesn't help either.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Mickey Mouse Slave

yeah, end up getting burnt out from the job. I know in my department, id say a good 70% of cast are all burnt out from spring break.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• CM for 4 years!

Also, you can't sleep in your car in KLot either way. Repeatedly being found to be doing this can result in discipline up to and including termination. Try graduating college and getting a job that pays more than $10/hour.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Sock Puppet

I'd just like a job at this point and figured Disney was an easy route since they seem to always be hiring and I don't care what I do I just need a job. But y'all are right, I wouldn't hire me either if I were them because I certainly screwed up and boy do I regret that.

• Don't lets be silly! ºoº

Only way to find out is to go down to the Casting Center and ask...

• I'm A Disney Girl

you were lucky to get rehired back the 2nd time. Did they ask you anything about that when you went to the interview?

Do you REALLY want to go back that bad?

• Shop Steward

Actually, the Company probably WOULD hire you back. The Foods contract allows leeway for CR Students, and the Master Services Agreement for Attractions probably does as well.

Per your contract:

The Employer agrees to continue the current practice of excusing Casual Regular employees from work if the employee provides proof of conflicting class, exam schedules and provides alternate availability. The employee shall provide reasonable notice of their class and exam schedules to the Employer to facilitate scheduling. (SECTION 20, SENIORITY, paragraph A, section 6; page 29).

So, if they refused to work with your school availability, they are in the wrong. I think you've got a good chance of being able to re-hire.
    -David