• Banned User

What can one expect for a cast member interview for Attractions?

Anyone know what to look forward to?
    Are you hired the same day or do you wait?
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Waiting Since 1992

Re: What can one expect for a cast member interview for Attractions?

I think if you post this question in the break room forum you will get tons of answers. In fact, I was just browsing it yesterday and there are already some threads that answer this very question in the break room forum. Hope this helps, good luck!

• AW THERE U R.

Yeah, you don't go for a certian position. You could be put anywhere to be honest. I really was like "I want to work Splash Mtn., It's my dream" and I was also in the CP. But make sure you are honest, dress professional, etc.

• Zephyr Pilot

I won't mention any specifics, mostly because I don't remember.

I kinda accidentally applied for attractions back in mid-June 2008, looking for a summer job. That was way too late to be applying for a summer job.

I was going for anything, mostly parking and transportation. But on the application papers, it asked something like "What position are you most interested in?" I checked attractions, because I was answering the question honestly. I didn't know answering that was also answering "What position are you trying to get hired into?"

I applied and did my interview in one day. I was "put on the waiting list" for attractions which I thought for sure meant "there is not really a waiting list and you're never getting hired here." I felt at the time that my group interview went horribly. I got a call in late August asking if I was still interested about starting in fall. Of course I said yes, stuff happened and I was hired into attractions September 20th, 2008.

From the day I applied to the end of Traditions (orientation), that was a little over a 3 month timespan.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    I won't mention any specifics, mostly because I don't remember.

I kinda accidentally applied for attractions back in mid-June 2008, looking for a summer job. That was way too late to be applying for a summer job.

I was going for anything, mostly parking and transportation. But on the application papers, it asked something like "What position are you most interested in?" I checked attractions, because I was answering the question honestly. I didn't know answering that was also answering "What position are you trying to get hired into?"

I applied and did my interview in one day. I was "put on the waiting list" for attractions which I thought for sure meant "there is not really a waiting list and you're never getting hired here." I felt at the time that my group interview went horribly. I got a call in late August asking if I was still interested about starting in fall. Of course I said yes, stuff happened and I was hired into attractions September 20th, 2008.

From the day I applied to the end of Traditions (orientation), that was a little over a 3 month timespan.
    Perfect answer i was waiting for.

• Minion

Back in '83 it was actually less than that for me.
    I think it all happened within four or five weeks.
    And it wasn't exactly easy to get a job there at that time either.
    Not because of the economy so much, but because Disneyland was a highly regarded job.
    They were really selective.
    During the interview, they asked me about my availability, transportation reliability, and my willingness to work "when others played." I was honest about my work experience, which was limited at that point. I was only 18.
    When asked where I saw myself working at the park, I told them that I didn't care where I worked. I just wanted to work for Disneyland. I had grown up in OC, and had always wanted to work there.
    A week later I got the notice that I was hired into Tomorrowland Attractions.
    I was scheduled for orientation a couple of weeks after that, and my training on Autopia was the following week.

• I'm A Disney Girl

Sometimes you do know that day if you got hired or not. I did when I applied back in 2004. I dunno if that's changed with the economy crisis and the unusual lack of jobs Disney is offering, so I cant tell you if you know right away now. USUALLY you get your first choice, so if you want attractions, put that down. Just be open and honest with every question they ask you.

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

if i ever worked at Disney i would love to work on attractions, especially Pirates or HM, though i would be happy to be put anywhere in the park. sometimes with the crazy pressure from my job now i do sometimes think of applying.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas