Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Hired!

• Disneyland CM

Just Hired!

I am excited to say I got a job at Disneyland today. I applied only 2 weeks ago, was interviewed today and hired today as CT Attractions in Fantasyland/Toontown. Any tips or advice? I start in June but have paperwork to go fill out next week.

Re: Just Hired!

Congratulations!!!! I don't have any tips for you since I am a Disney Store Cast Member. I would love to work at the Parks. But I live about 5 hours away.

"I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

• Stores

Lucky monkey! I've been on the attractions waiting list for 2 and a half months. Congrats!!!
    Trixie M.

Well, being an Attractions CM I might have a couple tips for you. Make sure that you always give yourself enough time to get to work. It's not like most jobs where you can simply pull up, walk in, and clock in.

Depending on where you park, it can take up to about 15-20 min. from the parking lot to your location. To use myself as an example, I work in DCA Hollywood Attractions. I have to park in K Lot, so I always give myself an hour before work to get there, sometimes earlier depending on traffic (Conventions often cause traffic since I have to head up Katella from Euclid). Then you take the shuttle to Harbor Pointe, then you have to walk to your location, which can vary depending on your location. If you're lucky enough to catch a Back-of-House tram then it can cut your walk time to your location down.

As with most jobs just smile, be happy, and don't take offense when people get mad at you, because it will happen, although not often. The attitude you have reflects on those that visit your attraction, so if you're having a bad day it will affect your guests (Even subconciousely).

Just my 2 cents.

-Frank

Wow, lucky. I was put on to the waiting list, I even called and they said they still don't have any openings.... But congrats.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Yay! You will LOVE Fantasyland! I know I did. I can't wait to transfer back over there. Just about two more months.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Splash/Mansion/Big Boats

Those are some great tips, Frank. I learned the hard way about giving yourself enough time not only to get to the parking lot, but to get from the lot to your attraction. Now I leave two hours before my shift and just watch television in the break room.

In my case I was called about filling out a conversion form before I filled one out, but I think you can turn one in at any time, just so they have it on file. I'm not positive about that, though.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by ashley solo View Post
    Yay! You will LOVE Fantasyland! I know I did. I can't wait to transfer back over there. Just about two more months.
    You don't like Tomorrowland?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Congratulations...I have nothing to advice...lol
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katerina13 View Post
    Wow, lucky. I was put on to the waiting list, I even called and they said they still don't have any openings.... But congrats.
    Did you ask for part-time (Casual Regular) or seasonal? CT, casual temporary, is seasonal with very little benefits... especially when it comes to free admission to the Parks (they are only allowed into the Parks for free with their ID between Memorial Day through Labor Day and they get NO Main Gate Pass, their service time also does NOT count overall when it comes to years of service and the like).
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    You don't like Tomorrowland?
    I'm sorry, "Westside is the bestside". Fantasyland/Toontown/Tomorrowland... bleh.
    Burnt Toast

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    Did you ask for part-time (Casual Regular) or seasonal? CT, casual temporary, is seasonal with very little benefits... especially when it comes to free admission to the Parks (they are only allowed into the Parks for free with their ID between Memorial Day through Labor Day and they get NO Main Gate Pass, their service time also does NOT count overall when it comes to years of service and the like).
    I'm pretty sure I asked for part-time. I know for a fact I didn't ask for seasonal, because I need a steady job, not just for summer.

• Splash/Mansion/Big Boats

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
    they are only allowed into the Parks for free with their ID between Memorial Day through Labor Day
    Perhaps it's just because I was hired before Memorial Day, but I've been able to get in to the park as a CT since I was hired in March. I was never told of any restrictions on what days I could get into the park, other than the cast-wide blockout dates.

• The Tomorrowland One

Yeah, CT IDs work year round for admission. All DLR IDs do I think. Im just not sure if the Purple ID does or not.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Yeah, CT IDs work year round for admission. All DLR IDs do I think. Im just not sure if the Purple ID does or not.
    Just looked it up, your right... ugh, well, that's good then. Used to be just Memorial Day through Labor Day. :P
    Burnt Toast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast