river drivers for fantasmic

i know for fantamic attractions cms man the Columbia, Twain, and Rafts, but do attraction cms also drive the Croc, eels, and barges? or is this a different department? what is it like being a river driver?
    is it fun?

• Disneyland Historian

Re: river drivers for fantasmic

Show Support drives the non-attraction barges, croc, and eels.

can anyone tell me more about river drivers? how many people usually works as a river driver? how many are the twain? What do they do on the twain for the show ?how many on the Columbia? do they work the boats during the day and then also for the show? or do the river drivers just come in for the show. i would imagine there is alot of downtime. very interested!

Fantasmic barge drivers are part of a department called parade support under Entertainment. They aren't part of attractions or anything else. The whole entire crew size barely like 11-13 people. They don't drive the columbia or mark twain and don't do anything else during the day. Parade support I'm pretty sure isn't hiring because there are a lot of CM's that aren't working but still employed because of the Parade of Dreams cut. Hope this helps you out

• Guilty!

Like the OP said, Attractions CMs (from New Orleans/Critter Country) are scheduled to operate the Rafts, Columbia, and Mark Twain for Fantasmic! The CMs chosen for those positions are chosen by management and usually they have known those attractions for at least a year and are great CMs. There are 2 CMs scheduled for the Rafts and both big boats and also a lead. I've heard that working the Rafts is fun because all you do is shuttle CMs to the island and back or drive the band around the water before showtime. The boats don't require a lot of work and there is a lot of downtime. I think they get there 4 hours before showtime and don't do a lot of work besides backing the boats out and parking them on the other side of the river in preparation for the shows. I knew Rafts and the Boats but stopped working there in February, but I probably would have been a Raft shuttler/band driver this summer.

• Go Bears!

^That's really cool. I never knew Attractions CMs operated the Mark Twain/Columbia/Rafts in Fantasmic. I guess it makes sense, I just never thought about it. :P Must be fun to have a pseudo-Entertainment role while still being in Attractions.