Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Points?

• insufferable know-it-all

Points?

Just curious... you hear a lot about points for attendance, etc. What are the point allowances? I mean, like how many points for what length of time are you allowed?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Re: Points?

It depends on your hiring status and if it is late or absent and more extra rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Peglegin98 View Post
    It depends on your hiring status and if it is late or absent and more extra rules.
    That's only at WDW, DLR is much more straightforward in it's point allowances.

If you ask your Management Team, they can share the allowances with you and show you how many points you have within each of them.
    Last edited by glendalais89; 06-26-2009 at 07:54 PM.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

When you hired in, you should have recieved an "Employee Policy Manual"... otherwise check out the PDF on the HUB in the Work tab. That will tell you what the point allowances are.

Otherwise, ask your management team and they can print out your record card with everything broken down for you.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Shop Steward

Since none of your fellow Cast Members felt the need to help you out, here's the layout:

If you are statused as a Regular Full-Time Cast Member, you are allowed the following:
    12 in one month
    18 in three months
    27 in six months
    36 in twelve months.

If you are statused Casual Regular, you are allowed the following:
    9 points in one month
    15 points in three months
    18 points in six months
    24 points in twelve months.
    Remember, all of those trigger discipline! Most Cast Members think that as long as they don't go above 24/36 points in a year, they're fine. Not true. You can only get the allotted points in the period specified before receiving disciple.
    Now, another thing you should know (and something the Company doesn't want you to know) is your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA). If you have a small child or you, your spouse, mother, father, or child has a serious/chronic illness, you may qualify for unpaid/points-free time off to the tune of 12 weeks a year max. If you have any further questions, contact your area Union Steward or your Manager.
    -David
    Workers United Local 50
    -David

• Comets? Comets!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvdisneyland View Post
    Since none of your fellow Cast Members felt the need to help you out, here's the layout:

If you are statused as a Regular Full-Time Cast Member, you are allowed the following:
    12 in one month
    18 in three months
    27 in six months
    36 in twelve months.

If you are statused Casual Regular, you are allowed the following:
    9 points in one month
    15 points in three months
    18 points in six months
    24 points in twelve months.

Remember, all of those trigger discipline! Most Cast Members think that as long as they don't go above 24/36 points in a year, they're fine. Not true. You can only get the allotted points in the period specified before receiving disciple.
    Now, another thing you should know (and something the Company doesn't want you to know) is your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 (FMLA). If you have a small child or you, your spouse, mother, father, or child has a serious/chronic illness, you may qualify for unpaid/points-free time off to the tune of 12 weeks a year max. If you have any further questions, contact your area Union Steward or your Manager.
    -David
    Workers United Local 50
    This is actually supremely helpful, since anytime I've inquired about points, everyone was either unsure or not straight forward about it. Thanks!

• Shop Steward

Anytime! I'm very well versed in this...
    -David

It's a stupid program altogether. Bunch of idiots who thought this up.

• Comets? Comets!

It's not a very reliable or fair system, for sure. I've had many, many jobs, and most of the time they would only give you flak about attendance if you're calling out A LOT. I very rarely call out and I'm also very rarely late, and it's never been an issue up until I hired in at Disney, where I'm pretty much at the limit in points, even though my attendance issues have been quite spread out throughout the year.

• Theme Park Insider

It is pretty ridiculous...when I first hired in, NO ONE ever mentioned the whole points thing. My entire first week of training, I clocked it either on the dot or maybe a minute afterward (though I had been there for at least 10 minutes early), not knowing that it would trigger "points" if I didn't clock in within the 5-minute window before the scheduled time. They REALLY need to cover these extensively in Traditions or orientation or something. I didn't find out about them til my supervisor called me in and said "you've been getting a lot of points this week...." I'm like, "What?"

It was especially frustrating when I kept having to call in sick because of my job! (Photopass...was out on the concrete all day w/ no shade and no water, and I'd often get heatstroke or wake up with pounding migraines from the sun that wouldn't even allow me to drive) I nearly maxed out all my points just from one summer of being outside too much, though I begged to be moved to indoor locations! Learned reeeall quick that I HAD to transfer departments or I'd have a real problem with my record. Anyway. I'm ranting.

My point is that not many cast members have a full knowledge of the point system and how it works. Yes, it is in the employee manual, but for something that can affect you so much, it really needs to be covered specifically in training.

• Still wants to be a cat!

I think for the most part that the systems is fair....if you don't show up or are late often Disney doesn't need or want you to work for them. They are quite generous on how many points you get to stay in their good graces.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Comets? Comets!

Not really. The problem is that it doesn't scale properly, it does a good job weeding out people in the first couple of months. But when you're at 12 months and you have 24, and those 24 points are quite spaced out, it's kind of ridiculous.

But that means you've called in 8 times or late 16 times or a combination of both.....that's a lot of missed time.

- Wolfette

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Blame your trainer. My trainer told us very clearly on how the point system works... though the specifics were very undetailed... such as how many days can we call out without a note. Ive heard 5 days, also heard 4 days but i do believe its 5 days though...
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

It used to be 3 days, with the New Contract (Master Services) it went to 4 days.

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast