Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Talking Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    I was recently waiting in line for Thunder Mountain. There's a little building in the middle of the queue that has been there as long as I can remember and there's a sign in front of it that says "Cast Members Only" What does this building hold inside? It's really small! I was going to quickly climb under the rope and peer inside but I chickened out. I think I'll trick one of my friends into looking in it when we go on Friday...anyways, does anyone know whats inside this small building? I would appreciate any information. I tried to find a pic, but I can't find one...
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  2. #2

    •   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    with no electrical signs on it
    I would GUESS it's just a storage (maybe maintenance) closet, but it's a guess.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  3. #3

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Yeah, it' really, really tiny. I could only see a weird, white pipe in there...
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    89

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    I was recently waiting in line for Thunder Mountain. There's a little building in the middle of the queue that has been there as long as I can remember and there's a sign in front of it that says "Cast Members Only" What does this building hold inside? It's really small! I was going to quickly climb under the rope and peer inside but I chickened out. I think I'll trick one of my friends into looking in it when we go on Friday...anyways, does anyone know whats inside this small building? I would appreciate any information. I tried to find a pic, but I can't find one...

    you know if it says "cast members only" that means you cant climb under the rope and look unless your a CAST MEMBER!

  5. #5

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Quote Originally Posted by BrizMarc View Post
    you know if it says "cast members only" that means you cant climb under the rope and look unless your a CAST MEMBER!
    Yeah, I know....but it's right there. You don't even really have to climb under the rope. If I were a tall person than I could be able to see what it is. Maybe I'll have someone lift me up so I cna get just a quick peek. It's not like I'm going to enter the building. Man, I feel embarassed about my bad behavior I've never done anything bad at Disneyland!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  6. #6

    • Infinitized!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Posts
    5,911

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    It's like Get Smart, you climb in and its actually an elevator that takes you down to headquarters.

  7. #7

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    It's like Get Smart, you climb in and its actually an elevator that takes you down to headquarters.
    Hahahaha. That would be awesome!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  8. #8

    • Senior Monorail Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,449

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Is this the one next to the stairs to load or is the the mineshaft in the middle. If it's the one in the middle, you probably just found the door where they keep the pump for all the fountains they have in the queue
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!


  9. #9

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Is this the one next to the stairs to load or is the the mineshaft in the middle. If it's the one in the middle, you probably just found the door where they keep the pump for all the fountains they have in the queue
    It's the one in the middle. It's the pumps for the water? Cool! Thank you for the info. Do you know what the door next to the stairs is too? Sorry, I'm a very curious person when it comes to Disneyland :]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  10. #10

    • Senior Monorail Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,449

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    It's the one in the middle. It's the pumps for the water? Cool! Thank you for the info. Do you know what the door next to the stairs is too? Sorry, I'm a very curious person when it comes to Disneyland :]
    Oh I have no idea! It's just a guess! Don't be sorry that's why everyone is hear! Hmm I would assume under the stairs in the access door to get to all the electronics they must have for the station... as well as a brrom and such if I remember.

    I don't work @ DL so it's just all educated guesses... except for the broom... I saw that a few years ago...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!


  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    89

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Yeah, I know....but it's right there. You don't even really have to climb under the rope. If I were a tall person than I could be able to see what it is. Maybe I'll have someone lift me up so I cna get just a quick peek. It's not like I'm going to enter the building. Man, I feel embarassed about my bad behavior I've never done anything bad at Disneyland!

    Just ask a CM, at least you will find out without breaking any rules and if your lucky they might let you look.

  12. #12

    • Future Imagineer! =D
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,817

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Oh I have no idea! It's just a guess! Don't be sorry that's why everyone is hear! Hmm I would assume under the stairs in the access door to get to all the electronics they must have for the station... as well as a brrom and such if I remember.

    I don't work @ DL so it's just all educated guesses... except for the broom... I saw that a few years ago...
    Ah. Thanks. The water pipes would be logical. I can't recall seeing the "Cast Members Only" sign in the past though. I probably just never noticed it though.
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!


  13. #13

    • Nill
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    580

    Re: Thunder Mountain. Cast Members Only

    I can guarantee it isn't anything special. Nothing for Ride Control at least. Best guess would be some breaker boxes for ambient lighting, and maybe waters pumps as others suggested.

    Keep in mind that although some cast members know the answer, they may not want to respond because of the high possibility of Disney watching these boards. It seems like a stupid concern, but I don't think it's out of the question.

Similar Threads

  1. [Review] Big Thunder Mountain
    By Jakob the Butler in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 11:34 PM
  2. [Question] Midway Mania cast member previews for non-DL cast members////
    By Rex in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 03:32 PM
  3. Big Thunder Mountain...
    By MsSarah in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:01 AM
  4. Le Thunder Mountain
    By monotonehell in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 05:26 AM
  5. Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain, which is faster?
    By Magic Mirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 12:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •