restricted rehire question! HELP! NEED ADVICE!

ok, so heres my situation. I was accepted to the Disney College Program for the spring of 2009 for attractions. It was my senior year and last semester at college. I was accepted into the attractions section and when I got down there I was put in DisneyQuest. Now for those who dont know what that is, it is basically a 5 story glorified arcade. Wanting to be a actress this was the WORST place for me because its dark and noisy and you pretty much have the hardest time interacting or communicating with the guests. I figured I would be put on an attraction where I could at least be in character like Pirates of the Carribean or The Great Movie ride. So when I talked to my advisor at Disney she said I should go home and take acting classes at my college and then audition for a character . She said I would be a "restricted rehire", which I still am 9 months later, but it wasnt really a big deal. She says she looks at that like nothing when she is hiring people.

Well that was in Disney World I am now out in cali and going to audition for characters and equity performance auditions ( which need specilty performers and I am trained in what they are looking for).

My question is: If I give an awesome audition and they want me as the part but then see I have a restricted rehire will they still not cast me even if they want me for the part?

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Re: restricted rehire question! HELP! NEED ADVICE!

It could and it couldn't. It really depends on the Casting department. I've heard of people being hired after they didn't pass the Computer part of the interview.

As far as restricted status goes, it's really up to the discretion of Casting.

As a side note, we don't use equity at the Disneyland Resort. So if you're talking about Disney movies, then once again it would be up to the discretion of Casting.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 09-02-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Disneyland does not bargain with the Equity Union. While Disney World does, Disneyland uses the AGVA Union for equivocal roles. While it doesn't seem to be a big thing, when oyu look at pay it makes a HUGE difference

oh ok. I come from the east coast so Im more familiar with DisneyWorld. I came out here to study acrobatics for the audition for Disney.

I really hope my restricted rehire does not effect me being cast. I know people who know someone in the casting department and they are going to mention me to him. So I am hoping that will help.

Also the audition is in Cali in Hollywood and its for TokyoDisney. So I dont know if that makes a difference.

• Go Bears!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    I've heard of people being hired after they didn't pass the Computer part of the interview.
    Off-Topic, but what exactly constitutes a "did-not-pass" during the computer portion of the interview, anyways? I've heard of it happening, but what are they looking for in the first place?

• Alphabetical

Quote Originally Posted by KevRus View Post
    Off-Topic, but what exactly constitutes a "did-not-pass" during the computer portion of the interview, anyways? I've heard of it happening, but what are they looking for in the first place?
    My friend is a long-time cast member and I believe she mentioned that it's similar to retail applications; if, for example, the question is "Do you think that other people would steal if they could get away with it?", and you are honest and say that, yes, other people would probably steal, it is viewed as "Yes, I would steal if I could get away with it." The proper answer is always that there is no corruption in the world and neither you nor anyone else would do anything against the law or the company.

As far as I know restricted rehire means you can not go back to the same line of buisness. The desicion is up to the casting team and your old managers.

I had restrive status and when i went in to re-apply i was told I could not go back to my old line of buisness. Once i passed the computer portion I had to prove to my interviewer that i was more responsible. I proved this by being a full time college student for 1 year. I was lucky and did get re-hired. I changed my evil ways and am now a trainer.

Another friend of mine had restrictive staus and was told she could not go back to attractions. However they were able to contact her old managers. Because of her specific situation, which dealt with her husbands illness plus a good record, she was able to re hire into attractions. This was based on specific circumstance and good feedback from previous managers.

So those are my two examples, Good luck!

I have a question. I recently did the College Program for spring of 09 and in March i needed to leave because of a family emergency and personal issues going on. I did have points and that has with what was going on and affected my concentration at work. I felt it was better to leave the company than to be fired from the company. When i left i told my manager i would want a second chance to come back. she told me that i would be coming back. When i left i found out i had a restricted rehire. Since i left i have had a job and currently in school i passed the online interview and i just had my phone interview the other day. Is there a chance that i will get accepted back or do they not rehire people with restricted rehire. What are the chances?
    Last edited by kev8916; 09-16-2009 at 11:45 PM.