• Dont make me unfriend you

The Disney Food Chain

Is there still a "Disney Food Chain" or some kind of social status give to CM's of one department over another?

Back when I worked there, it seemed like all of the CM's looked up to the characters and parade people. Then the Ride Operators, then down hill from there. I was night time custodial, so I know I was at the bottom of the food chain.

It was always funny to me when the park was opened and I would be in a break area, all of the Food service CM's would be sitting together at one table, all of the Ride Operators at another and the custodials at another. The different groups didn't mix well together for some reason.

Did you former CM's feel that way, how aout current CM's? Is there (was there) a Disney Food Chain or social hierarchy based on a CM's department?

• Minion

Re: The Disney Food Chain

ORWEN: This is a sore subject among Disney Characters. Certain Disney villains have long been upset over the fact that Mickey Mouse is the 'big cheese'. Maleficent thinks SHE'S the one who should come first. The same thing goes for Gaston, Ursula and on down the line. That's why they worked together to come up with a spell to bring Paul Pressler into the picture for several years--to confuse everybody and to give a new and negative meaning to the term 'Mickey Mouse Operation'.

ORDDU: Fotunately the Blue Fairy intervened--along with the Genie, Merlin, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather and your witches--to thwart their evil and set things back to the way they should ALWAYS be. Mickey will always be the most important Disney Cast member and that's the way it should always be. (For years Mickey was one of the lowest paid cast members, you know.)

• Sock Puppet

I don't think there is any food chain per se. When I worked at the Plaza Inn, I noticed when I took my breaks that there were different departments that grouped together. All the PI people together and those were even broken down to servers, bussers, kitchen people, dishroom people, etc..

Then you had your merch, jani, attractions, parade people all in their own little groups. What it boil down to is who you work and associate with during the course of the day. It is all human nature to not initially accept an outsider, whom you don't know.

• Minion

ORGOCH: No food chain 'per se' ya say? Hmphf! Try tellin' that ta Jaq 'n Gus. Just last week I caught the Cheshire Cat tryin' ta scarf 'em BOTH down in one gulp!! Had ta nearly skin the dang cat alive befer he'd open his greedy mouth and let 'em go!! If'n that ain't proof that a Disney food chain is alive an' well, I don't know what is!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Management, Disneyland RR Engineers, tour guides and guest relations CM's, Innoventions CM's, face characters (especially princesses), all other attraction CM's, shop CM's, other departments, maintenance, foods CM's.

That's the hierarchy as I see it.

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Management, Disneyland RR Engineers, tour guides and guest relations CM's, Innoventions CM's, face characters (especially princesses), all other attraction CM's, shop CM's, other departments, maintenance, foods CM's.

That's the hierarchy as I see it.
    yea the face characters are certainly looked up to...Just notice, when a girl in a custodial uniform is walking backstage (ill say the underground passage way up those stairs cuz thats where the face characters come in) You dont see other CM's holding doors open for them...but when Snow White comes through, YOU or you will certainly see another cm holding doors open and making small talk...but ya, I know foods gets paid more than attractions and than its parades and guest relations and hotel workers get paid alot i believe...I knew sum1 who was in guest relations at the gc and got paid like 17 an hour for sitting on a computer and answearing a phone :/ rediculous

• CM for 4 years!

Foods is at the bottom of the food chain??

Sad sad....

What about restaurant hostesses who would like to transfer to guest relations?
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• meganmegaphone

ah yes... I would suppose they would be called a "social climber"?

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstitch
    ah yes... I would suppose they would be called a "social climber"?
    What can I say, I'm a regular Elizabeth Bennett. Or Becky Sharp.

Oh, classic literature, you never let me down when I want to make an analogy.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• meganmegaphone

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    What can I say, I'm a regular Elizabeth Bennett. Or Becky Sharp.

Oh, classic literature, you never let me down when I want to make an analogy.
    Is it sad I was hoping you would mention Becky Sharp? Indeed... clasic literature is a beautiful thing...

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)