Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disneyland Job interview

I have a Disneyland job interview in couple weeks and I'm getting nervous about it. I'm curious, what should I do to prepare myself for this interview and does Disneyland hired you on the same day as the interview. I'm applying for foods.

• Go Bears!

Re: Disneyland Job interview

Don't be nervous. The interview is super short. At mine they only asked me two questions, both of which were super easy.

It's a long process though, because you also have to take a computer-based interview. Sometimes they hire you on the spot, but they often send you home and say they'll call you back in the near future. They did this to me, and I didn't expect to hear from them for months, but to my surprise they called me back later that same day in the late afternoon. I guess they wanted to get some more interviews in before deciding who to give the jobs to.

Foods always needs more people, so I'm sure you'll get the job. Good luck!

• Nerd

Be honest. Be yourself.

Don't stress about it. The interview process is exciting! Just make sure you answer the questions well, and not just short simple answers. They do group interviews to see how you interact with others so make sure you acknowledge that. Just don't be nervous and I'm sure you will do fine. Good luck!

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by Katerina13 View Post
    Don't stress about it. The interview process is exciting! Just make sure you answer the questions well, and not just short simple answers. They do group interviews to see how you interact with others so make sure you acknowledge that. Just don't be nervous and I'm sure you will do fine. Good luck!
    I was expecting a group interview because I had heard about that....but mine was one-on-one for some reason. It might depend on how busy the casting center is for interview appointments.

And yeah, just be yourself. Be talkative in a friendly tone. Just think of examples in your life that you can relate things to. If you are good at working with people, and have experience in that field, have a reason/reference as to why you are or where you have worked that required those people skills.

• Proud US Navy Wife

I remember how nervous I was last month at my interview.. but really, just relax and you will be fine. I didn't have a group interview, it was one-on-one for me. I was told just a few minutes after I interviewed that I got the job for custodial. The process is really fun and it was one of the best interviews I had ever been to partly because we got to watch Disney movies while we waited for each step. So just make sure you look nice, are honest and relaxed and you should do great!

• Dont make me unfriend you

...and smile

• Banned User

I herd that they don't do group interviews anymore for some reason. Mine wasn't a group interview. And you won't know how long it takes to actually get the job. Some get it right away. For me, they called me a month after the interview, I was even looking for another job when I got the call! Just be comfortable and relax and look spiffy! Good luck! I think right now they're hiring a lot btw. They converted me from seasonal to regular (and almost all the seasonals who wanted regular) because they've needed help for halloween(and I work DCA) so I'm sure they'll need even more help for the Chrismas season with all the 800,000 APs wanting to see whats new for Christmas this year!

• Disneyland Nomad

good luck

Thank you so much for an advice. I really appreciate it! I interviewed and got hired on the same day! Now I have to do traditions and get my picture taken! yeah! thank you very much.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by bjt223 View Post
    Thank you so much for an advice. I really appreciate it! I interviewed and got hired on the same day! Now I have to do traditions and get my picture taken! yeah! thank you very much.
    When's traditions for you?

Well next week, i'll get my picture taken and probably a week after. What should I expect on tradition? Can i wear my regular clothes for picture?

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by bjt223 View Post
    Well next week, i'll get my picture taken and probably a week after. What should I expect on tradition? Can i wear my regular clothes for picture?
    Ah ok, paperwork, haha!

Make sure you bring your SSN Card with you....but they tell you that.

Make sure you have your bank account info for payroll. I didn't have it on hand so I've got to turn it in at traditions.

I just wore a polo shirt with jeans. It's not like an interview all over again, just paperwork and the picture is just a headshot. Just be clean shaven, etc.....the Disney look.

• Proud US Navy Wife

Congrats! I just went through Traditions and Welcome to.. All I can say is make sure you wear comfy, black polishable shoes.. emphasis on the comfy. My heels are split open because I forgot to break my shoes in. Also, if your Traditions or Welcome to... class is on a Sat or Sun like mine were.. You might want to bring your lunch.. The grill and everything was closed for us and all we could choose from was like.. a ham sandwich for 4 dollars or an overpriced salad which I didn't even look at the price of. For my picture.. Well I dressed nice.. and me and -everyone- else in my Traditions and Welcome to.. classes ended up with orange pictures.. So be prepared to possibly look like you tan way too much :P And also, your name tag might be wrong.. They defaulted a lot of people's cities to Anaheim, including mine.. and I know I told then which city I wanted during my interview. One girl's name was spelled wrong as well. But all in all I thought Traditions and Welcome to.. were both fun, interesting, and insightful classes that made me look forward to working at the resort even more. I start my on the job training classes this weekend and I am super excited!

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by Kittiekyo View Post
    Congrats! I just went through Traditions and Welcome to.. All I can say is make sure you wear comfy, black polishable shoes.. emphasis on the comfy. My heels are split open because I forgot to break my shoes in. Also, if your Traditions or Welcome to... class is on a Sat or Sun like mine were.. You might want to bring your lunch.. The grill and everything was closed for us and all we could choose from was like.. a ham sandwich for 4 dollars or an overpriced salad which I didn't even look at the price of. For my picture.. Well I dressed nice.. and me and -everyone- else in my Traditions and Welcome to.. classes ended up with orange pictures.. So be prepared to possibly look like you tan way too much :P And also, your name tag might be wrong.. They defaulted a lot of people's cities to Anaheim, including mine.. and I know I told then which city I wanted during my interview. One girl's name was spelled wrong as well. But all in all I thought Traditions and Welcome to.. were both fun, interesting, and insightful classes that made me look forward to working at the resort even more. I start my on the job training classes this weekend and I am super excited!
    Thanks for the tip on the food situation. I've got traditions on a Saturday and Park Ops on Sunday. Although I don't want to have to bring my lunch around with me all day either.

Where are you working?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast