• Minion

I think I'm done!

The way scheduling is for DCA stores right now, I don't think I can go on much longer. I'm trying to hold out for my 5 year anniversary which will be this Dec and I'd LIKE to try to make it to DCA's 5 year anniversary in Feb, but I don't know. I've worked two jobs for almost 5 years now, and I'm TIRED! I'm not even working the long shifts and extra days like most everyone else. I hate to leave, but what can I do?

Just venting...see ya all around the park.

• Sock Puppet

Re: I think I'm done!

Hey seenoevil,

If I were you I would stick it out until your 5th anniversary, so you can at least get your 5 year anniversary pin. I hear you regarding the 2 job situation, I did that from 2000-2001, due to my divorce situation. My realy job is State Farm and I wanted to just work a few extra hours a week, but I got promoted to a lead after 3 months and I ended up working almost 80 hours between the 2 jobs and practically killed myself doing it. I was a walking Zombie. I worked my regular shift from 7-3:30 pm and then rush to the park and work 5pm - 2 am (during the peak seasons). I do not know how i did it. I finally had to put an end to it, cuz I needed my life back. If Disney paid better I would have stayed there, but they do not. It is a shame, especially with all of the dedicated cast members they have there. Anyway, I have vented long enough. stay at least for your 5 year, that's my opinion.

Glenn
    Riverbelle terrace/French Market.Blue Bayou/Plaza Inn

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Exactly, I agree... STICK IT OUT FOR YOUR 5TH ANNIVERSARY.

I failed to do this TWICE (I quit twice during both of my fourth years, I'm so stupid!) and now I'm KICKING myself for not sticking it out for the 5th year because my prior time will never be able to be bridged. Like I was kicking myself the first time I did it... and then I go and do it again the second time. Sigh.

You never know when you'll be back in a different department or in a higher position... I didn't think I'd be back the first time and heck I never thought I'd be back this time either but it happened... now I'm regretting not sticking it out because I start back down at Year 1 instead of Year 10 (11 minus the time that I had quit).

Even if it means transferring (transfer to the Disney Desks, very low stress!) out of your department, stick it out for that 5th Year of Service.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 10-18-2005 at 02:17 PM.

• Minion

How 'bout that? I just received my invitation for the 5 year luncheon!

• Sock Puppet

Well stay and go then!!!

wow they rehired you 3 times?!!! You know i have heard so many stories on this board stating that disney put a permanent "No Rehire" ugly stamp on there record card. what did you different?

• CM for 4 years!

I am getting a little fed up too. -_-

My old job is hiring again, I'm going to go talk to one of my old managers and see what he can do for me, b/c I have the opposite problem-- I'm only getting about 15 hours/week and I need about 25 hours/week!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

as long as you leave on good terms (your not fired, no excessive disciplinary action, etc) they will always rehire you, especially if you are on CT status. They would rather have CM's they have already invested time in training who know the company culture as opposed to someone who doesn't know anything. Working at the resort gave me connections in the company to get the job I have now. I know that if I ever wanted to get back in the resort, I could very easily. Its not really that hard to do.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Give Peace a Chance

If it comes down to being a choice between my job and my sanity, I will pick my sanity any day of the week. 5 year pins are nice, but you can find them on eBay.
    Xanax takes a $150.00 office visit and a prescription.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș