Disney Face Characters??

Hi. I was wondering if there are any current or past Face Characters on here? I am interested in becoming a Face Character and I was wondering if I could get some information, like how many days do you work as a Face Character, Do you work 8 hours a day? How long are you out signing autographs and meeting people? Do you have a rotation just like the regular characters where you can only stay out for 30 minutes or so? Does the same Belle that performs in the Beauty and the Beast Live show go and sign autographs and be in the parade also? How long do you have for breaks? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Disney Face Characters??

I am not a affiliated with anything, just a fan: but you may find this blog illuminating:

I'm a former Disneyland cast member. I was Alice in Wonderland. AMA. : IAmA

Quote Originally Posted by mictimchar View Post
    Hi. I was wondering if there are any current or past Face Characters on here? I am interested in becoming a Face Character and I was wondering if I could get some information, like how many days do you work as a Face Character, Do you work 8 hours a day? How long are you out signing autographs and meeting people? Do you have a rotation just like the regular characters where you can only stay out for 30 minutes or so? Does the same Belle that performs in the Beauty and the Beast Live show go and sign autographs and be in the parade also? How long do you have for breaks? Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    I'm not a face character, nor have I been one, but I have a few friends who have worked in the entertainment department with the Disney CP. So I can answer a few questions (to the best of my knowledge. Please correct me if I'm wrong on anything)

1) It all depends. You'll generally work 30-40 hours a week, with usually at least 1 day off. It depends on the season, how many other people are working, etc.

2) As I said before - it depends. You can work 8 hours, but sometimes you can work 5-6 hours.

3) For all characters, they work in shifts - out for 30 minutes, in for 30 (while the alternate goes out and continues giving autographs. So, Mickey 1 goes out for 30 minutes, then goes back in, then Mickey 2 goes out for 30, then Mickey 1 goes back out for 30 etc.) The shifts can change depending on weather and season (it can change to 20 out - 40 in - Its tough for people in fuzzy outfits to stay outside for too long in the heat). But, I'm pretty sure face characters are always 30-30
    (Also, keep in mind that no matter what - even if you work five face characters - you will also be trained and working in fuzzies too, as there are a significant number of fuzzies as compared to face characters)

4) From what I know, if you're working a parade, then you are not signing autographs that day. Now, I could be wrong, as you might go from a parade to a different park and do meet and greet later on, but I don't think you do. Keep in mind though - you will probably not get trained in parades right off the bat - and the amount of parades and/or shows you do depends on your color codes (the 'skill level' assigned to your dancing and animation at your audition - that will determine what shows and parades you will be allowed to perform in - and even then you are not guaranteed to work in those. As I said - it all depends

Hope that helped!
    Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all.
    Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grownup things again ♥

Hoping to take a Disney Trip sometime this winter!

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPansWendy View Post
    1) It all depends. You'll generally work 30-40 hours a week, with usually at least 1 day off. It depends on the season, how many other people are working, etc.

2) As I said before - it depends. You can work 8 hours, but sometimes you can work 5-6 hours.

3) For all characters, they work in shifts - out for 30 minutes, in for 30 (while the alternate goes out and continues giving autographs. So, Mickey 1 goes out for 30 minutes, then goes back in, then Mickey 2 goes out for 30, then Mickey 1 goes back out for 30 etc.) The shifts can change depending on weather and season (it can change to 20 out - 40 in - Its tough for people in fuzzy outfits to stay outside for too long in the heat). But, I'm pretty sure face characters are always 30-30
    (Also, keep in mind that no matter what - even if you work five face characters - you will also be trained and working in fuzzies too, as there are a significant number of fuzzies as compared to face characters)

4) From what I know, if you're working a parade, then you are not signing autographs that day. Now, I could be wrong, as you might go from a parade to a different park and do meet and greet later on, but I don't think you do. Keep in mind though - you will probably not get trained in parades right off the bat - and the amount of parades and/or shows you do depends on your color codes (the 'skill level' assigned to your dancing and animation at your audition - that will determine what shows and parades you will be allowed to perform in - and even then you are not guaranteed to work in those. As I said - it all depends

Hope that helped!
    This sounds a lot like Walt Disney World information...

I'd be more worried about getting in, than how it works.

• Pirate

About the breaks and schedules all that has been posted is roughly correct. But as for Parades, Autographs and shows they are all separate. If you are in the parade that’s all you do, you come in get ready do a parade rest then down another parade. You are all under the Entertainment arm of the resort but they don't overlap at all. If you are in a show like the old princess fare they signed autographs afterwards but they were strictly part of the show. Then you have the characters in the parks they usually do the 30 on 30 off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondoman006 View Post
    About the breaks and schedules all that has been posted is roughly correct. But as for Parades, Autographs and shows they are all separate. If you are in the parade that’s all you do, you come in get ready do a parade rest then down another parade. You are all under the Entertainment arm of the resort but they don't overlap at all. If you are in a show like the old princess fare they signed autographs afterwards but they were strictly part of the show. Then you have the characters in the parks they usually do the 30 on 30 off.
    I'm not auditing or anything, just wondering. So, if you are a "parade face character" then parades is all you do? If you are a "shows character" then all you do is shows? The the parks face just do park face stuff?

Makes sense. I think I knew that about the shows (especially the older shows) but not about the parades.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I'm not auditing or anything, just wondering. So, if you are a "parade face character" then parades is all you do? If you are a "shows character" then all you do is shows? The the parks face just do park face stuff?
    Most of the time, yes. There are some people who'll get used for both, though most of them are fuzzies. Also, sometimes they'll have you do a face in a parade, though they wont let you do the same face in the Park (also keep in mind that Fantasmic! is considered a parade).

• Banned User

My friend she is in HSM3 at DCA and she also has done the fuzzie's she was one of the 7 dwarfs in the Electrical Parade.