I will start from the beginning. I did the Fall 2008 CareerStart Program and being 18, and new to the professional work field. I made mistakes. I didn't realize joking with co castmembers could get me reported for sexual harassment but it did. Never actually assualted anyone, but I take full responsibility. I would joke with a guy, and i slapped my friends behind. I am not sure who reported me, but then I called in and got a reprimand. I worked QSFB then transferred to Merch. I worked in DTD and was very un-happy. During my program I was struck with appendicitis and decided after the being out of work for 2 weeks I would self terminate. I did not just up and leave, I believe I gave them notice. The woman on the phone told me I would be restricted for 6 months and that she would write medical for the reason.
Here it is over a year later, and I am soon to be 20. I applied the 2010 spring advantage/spring college program. The dream has always been entertainment and I really feel I have a chance. I had my interview and was told nothing, then a week later I was told I am a restricted/no-rehire. I filled out the paper work and poured my heart and soul into my answer. My work experience has been pretty consistent, a few jobs were like seasonal, or a show that I was paid for. Do you have to hold a job for 6 months? Could showing I worked somewhere and now currently returned count?
I am so nervous because I am dreaming to get my second chance. I did what I had to, sent the rehire papers back immediately
My questions are, does anyone have a good idea of what to expect? Is there a chance I can be hired for this college program since it's so early and do I get an interview asking me about this? What is Disney looking for? Also I was told I can still audition for character performer as I was invited to audition. I remember being told something about even if I am restricted or something, if Disney wants me they will fight for me.
Please my mind, and heart are going crazy and I just want to know should I assume that my status will remain, or is it a good chance Disney will let me try for my dream again?
Thanks for any help.