View Poll Results: Will the restriction be removed?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes/ Probably

0 0%
  • Maybe/ Good Chance

0 0%
  • No

5 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Arrow College Program Rehire Status

I will start from the beginning. I did the Fall 2008 CareerStart Program and being 18, and new to the professional work field. I made mistakes. I didn't realize joking with co castmembers could get me reported for sexual harassment but it did. Never actually assualted anyone, but I take full responsibility. I would joke with a guy, and i slapped my friends behind. I am not sure who reported me, but then I called in and got a reprimand. I worked QSFB then transferred to Merch. I worked in DTD and was very un-happy. During my program I was struck with appendicitis and decided after the being out of work for 2 weeks I would self terminate. I did not just up and leave, I believe I gave them notice. The woman on the phone told me I would be restricted for 6 months and that she would write medical for the reason.

Here it is over a year later, and I am soon to be 20. I applied the 2010 spring advantage/spring college program. The dream has always been entertainment and I really feel I have a chance. I had my interview and was told nothing, then a week later I was told I am a restricted/no-rehire. I filled out the paper work and poured my heart and soul into my answer. My work experience has been pretty consistent, a few jobs were like seasonal, or a show that I was paid for. Do you have to hold a job for 6 months? Could showing I worked somewhere and now currently returned count?

I am so nervous because I am dreaming to get my second chance. I did what I had to, sent the rehire papers back immediately

My questions are, does anyone have a good idea of what to expect? Is there a chance I can be hired for this college program since it's so early and do I get an interview asking me about this? What is Disney looking for? Also I was told I can still audition for character performer as I was invited to audition. I remember being told something about even if I am restricted or something, if Disney wants me they will fight for me.

Please my mind, and heart are going crazy and I just want to know should I assume that my status will remain, or is it a good chance Disney will let me try for my dream again?

Thanks for any help.

Re: College Program Rehire Status

I hate to ruin your dreams but that sexual harassment claim will be a permanent black mark that is hard to overcome. The resort is at 100% staffing with minimal turnover (mainly terminations) so even well qualified canidates are not being hired.

hey I am trying for the college program and actually i talked to my supervisor I had and she told me she will say yes to supporting me coming back and she said my reprimands werent that serious which surprised me but hearing my suprvisor say this was like okay i really may have a chance so I am hoping

If you are allowed to rehire don't screw it up.

Without a doubt I would not screw up! My ambition and goal is to be a role model for disney cast members

• Banned User

Thats usually why I don't make jokes like I usually do with my regular friends. Could also be why I've barely made any friends at all. I don't like anyone from the company knowing my true self so I keep it strictly professional. Like, NO ONE knows I'm a GaGa lover and a homosexual. I just don't like letting that be know in an environment such as disney where there are many kids everywhere.

My homosexuality was not the issue

I will let you in on a little secret. Disney probably has the highest percentage on gay workers in SoCal. When I worked westside we had many open (and closet) homosexuals. Disney has no tolerance for any sort of gay bashing, in fact they almost seem to welcome it. Most kids nowadays are very tolerant and I think you find most people to be friendly towards you. Some of my best friends while working there were gay and still talk to some of them. If you saw me you would not expect this.

• You Spin Me Right Round

Haha, really, don't worry about coming out at Disney, it is one of the most friendly workplaces for LGBT people.

Quote Originally Posted by DLDCALVR View Post
    Haha, really, don't worry about coming out at Disney, it is one of the most friendly workplaces for LGBT people.
    Oh I know this, haha I was a member of PRIDE but I want to keep this topic on why I created it, only about my rehire status, I am confident it will be lifted. I believe in the purple <== Fall/Fall Advantage 2010 CP thing