• I'm the only one!

Smile What can I expect in my Interview?

Hey I'm not sure if this is the forum to post this but I was wondering what I can expect in a Disney Interview? I just scheduled my appointment for Wednesday the 24th and I was wondering what the process was like. How long are the interviews? Will they offer a job on the spot? I applied for a position at the Grand Californian, can I mention I've always wanted to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper and see if they can place me there? I guess I just want to know what I'm in for. Any help is welcomed. Thanks in advance.
    "Buy the ticket, Take the ride."

• Nerd

Re: What can I expect in my Interview?

My understanding is the first interview is a group interview. I doubt you will get any position you specifically asked for especially Jungle Cruise Captain (everybody wants that job) It could still take 3 to 4 months to actually get hired into any position, then after you've been there 6 months with a CLEAN record, you can look to transfer to other positions. Have fun and Good Luck!!!!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Smile Re: What can I expect in my Interview?

GonzoTigger-

Dress to impress

Do not do anything while waiting to be called on. Nothing on your Cell phone (texting, calling, nothing!)

You should have been told either via email as to how long the interview process is. If you applied on line (which is the way they do it now)
    you should have received via email special instructions on what to expect on your interview. They also may have left you a voice mail with special instructions. I would go back check.

As for a specific placement or job, be open! A part of the interview may include more question about who you are.

Above all, relax, and stay positive.

i had mine back in december heres how it went down

you get there on time, i would recommend getting there a little early though. Fill out some simple paper work, but if you have a rap sheet you gotta fill out some extra forms on what you were charged with.

then you watch a short movie with the other interviewies about disneyland. Then you take a questionare on the computer. After the questionaire a guy calls you in with maybe another interviewer and verifies availability etc. Then you wait a little bit and a recruiter interviews you. Theyll ask basic interview questions that you should be able to answer easily. If she wants to hire you, she will offer a few choices and you say which ones you want in order. They may or may not be what you applied for. If you say yes, she has you consent to a background check, then you gotta wait a long time to be officially offered a job. It took me about a month and a half or so

its a simple process. just make sure you dress business casual meaning slacks, shirt tucked in, and dress shoes. Make sure your appearance conforms to the disney guidelines. Act eager for the job, smile, and sell yourself. If you really want the job make your availability open as possible! They dont like to hastle with a bunch of crazy schedule requirements.

• Pirate

Man I had my interview so long ago (2002) I can only remember specific things. I went in wanting a job in security but there were none open so they told me what they did have open which were foods, attractions and something else. I chose attractions and then they asked a few job specific questions like am I afraid of heights, am I afraid of water and do I mind the smell of gasoline. (Honestly they asked that, can't remember much but remembered that!!!) Then the wait was on. I think that's the hardest part of the whole process, the waiting. So hopefully you will get a job with the company. Just remember you want to get your foot in the door. Once you have your foot in the door, the whole company is at your finger tips!!!

• I'm the only one!

I have my interview scheduled for Weds. I did the process on-line and was pretty surprised at how fast the e-mailed me back. I believe I applied on the 17th and got an e-mail back on the 19th. I applied for a position as a Child Activity leader at the Grand Californian. A position I have more than enough experience for. I plan on taking in my resume for that very reason. But from what I've been hearing I have to go into the interview with an open mind as to what I can get. My availability is wide open so that isn't a problem. I think the hardest part is gonna be waiting for the job offer. I need a Job a soon as possible and have applied at a few different places so right now it might just be which one offers me one first. Thanks for all the advice I would love to work for Disney. Its always has been somewhat of a Dream job.

Go for it Gonzo!! Take the personality exam they offer. Without revealing too much here, If you have the look, personality and desire, one can be offered a job during the interview process...........!!!!

• Pilot EdForceOne

I believe more specialty positions fill faster - it's the generic front line roles (foods, attractions, etc) that are much slower. If you are a specific skill hire, things go faster to respond to.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzotigger View Post
    I have my interview scheduled for Weds. I did the process on-line and was pretty surprised at how fast the e-mailed me back. I believe I applied on the 17th and got an e-mail back on the 19th. I applied for a position as a Child Activity leader at the Grand Californian. A position I have more than enough experience for. I plan on taking in my resume for that very reason. But from what I've been hearing I have to go into the interview with an open mind as to what I can get. My availability is wide open so that isn't a problem. I think the hardest part is gonna be waiting for the job offer. I need a Job a soon as possible and have applied at a few different places so right now it might just be which one offers me one first. Thanks for all the advice I would love to work for Disney. Its always has been somewhat of a Dream job.
    How did it go Gonzotigger?

• I'm the only one!

I think it went pretty well. There were five of us in the group when I went through the process. We started out with watching the video then moved into "pooh's corner" to take there web interview. That was pretty simple just some run of the mill multiple choice and do you agree or disagree questions. After that we sat in the lobby and waited to be called individually. When my name was called I met with a Recruiter who went over my availabilty and information. I was asked to stay and meet with another recruiter. Of the 5 people in the group they only asked 3 of us to stay and meet with a second recruiter. The second recruiter seemed to really like me and my resume. I applied for a position as a child activity leader. I have 10 years experience with kids through summer camps and after-school programs so she said I should be expecting a call for a second interview. The only problem is they want 12 units of child education classes. I have units in child related classes like child development and recreational play so it depends on what their difinition of child education classes is. I have to convince them that 10 years experience is better than 12 units. I mean you can get 12 units in one semester with out ever seeing a kid. I've worked with them for 10 years so thats gonna be a wait and see type thing. Thanks for all the help and advice you guys have given me. This proves once again why micechat is such a great community!

I can totally relate to the "on the job experience" versus the degree. What they may see is that your 10 years is valuable, and have you complete them while you work there. That has happened to me in the past. I have 15 years working as a co-facilitator for a Marriage and Family Therapist, and a Bachelor of Science in human development. That was the best hands on time I could ever have!

What you could do in your next interview is to give them and example of what you learned in real life that can not be duplicated in a classroom. Lead with your gifts and talents and you can't lose! Let me know when your next interview is.

I had to go through and extra interview with casting also. They saw my potential and I cannot thank them enough for the extra time spent on me. Not many companies would even do what they did for me!. I didn't get the position, but it was worth the interview. I start my 2 day orientation tomorrow.