Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Funny Backstage Moments

Have you ever experienced a funny happening behind the "magic curtain"?

Back at WDW in '93, I rode a tunnel elevator up with Snow White and Alice who were having a rather "non-Disney" discussion. They were both swearing and talking about that "bitch who plays Little Mermaid", and then Alice even commented how "her breasts can't even fill those seashells". It took everything I could to not fall over laughing. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny had they not been in full costume, about to do meet n' greet.

However, I had a really scarring moment during a character visit to the Disney Store in '91. I had never seen Mickey without his head before, and when I walked in the back to get some stock, the gal portraying him was standing there in everything but the head. I stood there for a moment in shock, and (mostly jokingly) said, "Wow. All my childhood dreams have just been shattered." So, to make matters worse, she put the head back on to get ready to head back out, and then pointed me out to a co-worker and said, "Hey, check it out. I just ruined her childhood dreams". Now, that wasn't nearly as funny, because "Mickey" had just poked fun at me. I haven't forgetten it since.

• This Maid Loves it!!

There are a few and wacky backstage moments, that I can't mentioned...but

I did see Piglet and Tigger holding hands.

Chip and Dale playing "Ring around the rosies".

Eeyore scratching his tush, before going 'onstage' to Critter County!
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Back at WDW in '93, I rode a tunnel elevator up with Snow White and Alice who were having a rather "non-Disney" discussion. They were both swearing and talking about that "bitch who plays Little Mermaid", and then Alice even commented how "her breasts can't even fill those seashells". It took everything I could to not fall over laughing. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny had they not been in full costume, about to do meet n' greet.
    were they using their character voices?
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    were they using their character voices?
    Not quite, but their natural voices were high-pitched enough, that they just about sounded like 'em. The best was seeing Alice with her hands on her hips saying "That bitch".

While this isn't Disney-related, I thought it a funny character story:

My friend works as a stage tech on some shows that pass through town. She told me about what happens backstage at Sesame Street Live - Barkley will run around, and hump peoples' legs or lift a leg and "pee" on something right before going on stage. ROFLMAO!!!

I witnessed something similar, although it was Snow White and Cinderella. They were sitting in a break room, both smoking, and both cussing up a storm.

• I Hug My Tapirs

I've seen some pretty crazy character stuff.. but I look at it this way: it's a lot of entertainment/theater type people. Drama and wackiness happen... and when it does, it cracks me up.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Batter Up!!!

I remember taking cuts backstage in ODV with the light up sword. Twist is the ball was DRY ICE!! What was funny was when the dry ice would get stuck in the sword and the tip would break off.. Frozen...It was funny at the time but a little immature, heck at 2:30 in the morning and being extended you begin to lose your mind!!!

• insufferable know-it-all

I'll never forget the site of Snow White and Alice tossing a football behind the Inn Between.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

lol ive seen some real awesome momments.....one being tiger humping one of my stores buds.
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

I love those characters

today I saw Cinderella and Mickey holding hands, the hilarious part was Prince Charming walking behind them talking to his boyfriend on his cell phone. Then just before Mickey put her head to go out on to Main St. she gave Cinderalla a big kiss and a squeeze on the butt.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Old_School_Goofy
    today I saw Cinderella and Mickey holding hands, the hilarious part was Prince Charming walking behind them talking to his boyfriend on his cell phone. Then just before Mickey put her head to go out on to Main St. she gave Cinderalla a big kiss and a squeeze on the butt.
    Wait ... Prince Charming was talking to his boyfriend and Mickey(her) give Cinderella a kiss................. No wonder I felt uncomfortable sitting on Prince Charming's lap as a kid
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Wait ... Prince Charming was talking to his boyfriend and Mickey(her) give Cinderella a kiss................. No wonder I felt uncomfortable sitting on Prince Charming's lap as a kid
    Now now lets us not imply that the nice gay prince is anything less than honerable Actually I have seen a princess or two acting very unprincess-like by the inn between. It's just weird to see, even for a CM.

The kicker was when Mickey took off his head and he was an old woman with an eye patch - then she lit up a cigarette. It was a rough first day.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

I knew there was something off about My sisters old roomate, the blue gown belle, she always seemed funny.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• keep moving forward...

come on... post more... these are so funny to listen to.

more more more more more more more....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast