Question When to Apply for Summer+Fall Full-Time Employment?

Hi everyone!

I want to apply for a job at the Disneyland Resort. I have a break in between when I graduate from High School (June) and when I start my first semester at BYU-Idaho (January). I plan to work full-time and not seasonal (if I were working seasonal, I would have had to apply by now). When should I apply? Would May be a good time?--or should i wait till June?

Additionally, I cannot work Sundays (religious reasons). Would I still apply as full-time? Should I mention this situation in my application (reasoning is telling me no lol).

Thank you guys for all your help!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Disney Nerd

Re: When to Apply for Summer+Fall Full-Time Employment?

I'm going to start right off and say if you cannot work on Sundays then there is a 99% chance that you would not be hired. It is very rare to be hired into a Full Time Position and thanks to the economy the Parks are not lacking for applicants. At best you would be hired in as a CR, which would mean 3 days required availability (All of Sunday, All of Saturday, and after 6pm on Friday) in the slow seasons, and 5 days of availability (the above plus any 2 days) in the peak seasons. There is a small chance that if you consistently provided full availability during the week that you might be able to get Sundays off, but it would depend on the line of business and would not be guaranteed. If you still did want to hire, summer starts Memorial Day weekend, so the last couple weeks of May are the best.

Even as a Cast Member, I tell people I know who are applying to think long and hard about it. Especially as a new hire you will not be working regular business hours and WILL be working holidays. It all depends on what is most important to you. Keep talking to other current cast members though and think really hard about if you really do want to work there.

Good Luck.

I just got hired as a CR. It took around 3 months to get called for an interview. I don't even go in to fill out my paperwork until next Tuesday. While I was talking to the recruiter, I mentioned I had a class Sunday morning until June. The recruiter told me unless I had open availability on Sundays, I couldn't accept the job. Needless to say, I'll be dropping that class since I really need this job.

On a sidebar- I was hired as a Vacation Planner, so if any current CM's have any advice (or what I can expect) for me, it would be much appreciated!

Hi TTZTOTDCA50

Having worked a variety of jobs outside of Disneyland, if you want a job, you must be willing to work when the job being offered wants you to work. Then, just like with life in general, after you have seniority or if you transfer to a different position, get promoted, etc, you can ask for a more selective schedule.

That being said, I have worked in Retail, and I knew going in to retail that weekends and holidays are the norm. So I did the time, but eventually you get to a position where you have some flexibility.

Here at the Magic Kingdom, unless you get into an office position, you will most likely be working Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. But remember, just because you will be working Sunday, does not mean you will be working at the time you may wish to attend to your time of personal needs. In other words, you may work Sunday from 5pm to 10pm! or 7am to Noon!

And don't forget to simply pray for direction. I went in with my schedule really in a flux. I had no idea if I would be able to continue my personal commitments and I have been able to do so. The same could be your case. Just remember, from a person who has applied for many a job and has worked many a job, be available, then do the time, then see what your options are! You may be surprised in what happens!