Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Which CMs earn the most?

Okay, so from this page, we know that CMs make the following:

• Attractions - $9.05 an hour
    • Custodian - $9.05 an hour (+70 cents if third shift)
    • Photo Imaging (Photopass?) - $10.50 an hour
    • Characters - $10.00 an hour
    • Innoventions Host - $10.13 an hour

However,
    since they are paid by the hour and characters are only onstage for short periods of time each day, do they actually earn less every week than other CMs?

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Re: Which CMs earn the most?

Is this true? I heard someone here on MiceChat or other forum said that parade performer gets pay 4 hours for doing one parade.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

That is correct. They get 4 hour shifts at upwards of $10/hr. And even though that's good pay, as a dancer myself I can honestly say that it isn't really that much at the end of the day for everything they do. This is why I always give them huge props for dancing their hearts out, and why people need to stop bashing C!ASP so much. -_-

With longer shifts and pay starting at $10, atmosphere characters probably make the most, with face characters making even more in this area. For these guys it's more like 5 hours a day and up.
    Last edited by Alex E; 03-29-2010 at 05:58 PM.

• Seeker of Fun

I really do appreciate what the CM's do for Disney-goers. I know that they aren't paid that well, and they certainly entertain, answer questions, smile, create magic, and on and on, for all of us. I believe a lot of the CM's are what makes the park special, as compared to other parks, where it's not so good.

Great job and thanks to all CM's who help create the magic for me and my family!!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

I'm not sure I understand the question. It's just a matter of how many hours they work. So if each person worked 8 hour days, then Photo Imaging would make the most out of those options.

You don't get paid for the time you're out in the Parks, you get paid by how long your scheduled shift is. So if a Character has an 8 hour shift, though are only on stage for 4 of those hours, they get paid for the full 8 hours (save the CA mandated lunch).

Well the title is "What CM's earn the most"....I guess we are talking hourly. The Facilities/Maintenance department make any where from $18 to $33 an hour based on what craft they are in and years of experience. They all currenly top out the pay scale of their craft in 2 years. I'd say on the hourly front there are not any other CM's on property making that kind of hourly wage.

I would be suprised to know what their Register Nurses make. I know their not an attraction, but they have a great deal of liability and training to go with their pay. So my guess is the medical staff would be some of the top earners.

• Hukuna Matata!

The entertainers or castmembers always do a great job, I never knock them for Celebrate a street party, In my own opinion The show just doesnt hold up to previous shows "again just my opinion", The performers are excellent and they always perform to the fullest, and never dissapoint. You know you would think that working at Disney would be dream job, yet work is work and Im sure there are some jobs that are just not as magical as you would think it is. What ever there pay is they deserve a raise.

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I really do appreciate what the CM's do for Disney-goers. I know that they aren't paid that well, and they certainly entertain, answer questions, smile, create magic, and on and on, for all of us. I believe a lot of the CM's are what makes the park special, as compared to other parks, where it's not so good.

Great job and thanks to all CM's who help create the magic for me and my family!!!
    You're welcome. Appreciative guests are what makes my job so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthilk View Post
    I would be suprised to know what their Register Nurses make. I know their not an attraction, but they have a great deal of liability and training to go with their pay. So my guess is the medical staff would be some of the top earners.
    The Nurses are actually salaried, not hourly, so their annual pay is set.

Compared to other persons in their field, they tend to be on the low end of the spectrum, as I understand it, but it's still a significant rate.

As to everyone else, you have to remember that the Disneyland Resort is a Union Shop in many departments, so pay is determined by Seniority in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreements. As such, the Food & Beverage Cast Member with years of service will make significantly more than someone who hired into DPI yesterday.

• You Spin Me Right Round

The Innoventions number is a little off, guess it hasn't been updated in a while. There are 2 pay scales in Innoventions. One for "Host" and one for "Performer". The performer is higher than host.

• Not the Fallen

Oops. Wrong thread, sorry.

• Dont make me unfriend you

The day custodians used to get a little more per hour for the shifts they worked the bathrooms. However, that was years ago and I don't know if it still like that.

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    Well the title is "What CM's earn the most"....I guess we are talking hourly. The Facilities/Maintenance department make any where from $18 to $33 an hour based on what craft they are in and years of experience. They all currenly top out the pay scale of their craft in 2 years. I'd say on the hourly front there are not any other CM's on property making that kind of hourly wage.
    The musicians in the park get more thanks to the Musicians Union. Of course, that is also a talented line of work like most of the specialty facilities CMs.

Wow, we have higher minimum wage than that where I'm from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast