• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Do they still hire weekend Cm's?

I used to work attractions (POTC/Fantasmic GC) in 2008 and I loved it since I was only scheduled to work fri-sun nights. I was wondering if you know anyone or any new hires that still ahve that schedule. I was hoping for a rehire. I miss the pass and discounts.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Re: Do they still hire weekend Cm's?

Yes, they do...last year when my mom was a Jungle Cruise Skipper, she worked Fri-Sun since she was a teacher during the week. Also I currently have a friend..also a teacher, that works only weekends.

Yes, they do! I work with 2 CM's who are teachers.

• Minion

How long have they been in those positions? I was under the impression that weekend only spots only opened up occasionaly and there were only a certain number of them.
    I want my cake back!

My mom worked from May to Nov last year...worked 5 days during the summer, but was able to go to weekends in Sept. So..only worked 5 months until she went weekends only. Then my friend started last December..worked on her days off/weekends for Christmastime..and then was hired on and now only works weekends.

• Go Bears!

If you're talking about CR-Alternative Cast Members, I'm not sure they directly hire any...Those are the Cast Members that *only* (repeat, ONLY) work weekends, even through peak seasons. I think you have to transfer into those work statuses...

What about the opposite? Can you work just M-F? We have that part time option at WDW, but I heard you couldn't at DLR

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    What about the opposite? Can you work just M-F? We have that part time option at WDW, but I heard you couldn't at DLR
    From my old experience, "back in the day" only the most senior people worked M-F. All of the new people worked at least one day of the weekend. Usually both of them.

I used to hate that. Friday and Saturday nights were the busiest nights, with the least time to get things done (stayed opened late and opened early the next day) but the regular Leads were all off. On the busiest nights, they sent in the Alternative Leads.

They are not hiring anyone into CR-SS or FSS. When I worked there I got my manager to sign off and transfer me from CR to cr-fss for school. That was after a year at the park.

• Semi-Lurker

They are only taking applications for "future consideration" right now anyway, so I think it would be doubtful they would hire off the streets for weekends only, seeing as they have a parade of people walking in applying with full availability.

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    Having worked as a CR at both, let me just say that WDW is much better in respecting CR Availability as a whole than DLR. Here, I can say that I'm not available to work x day (that I'm not required to be available per status) and reasonably expect that I won't be scheduled that day.

Going forward, I sorta doubt the continued existence of the Alternative Availability Agreements. With the recent merger of DLR Cast Scheduling/Workforce Planning and WDW Labor Operations into the new WDPR Workforce Management organization covering both resorts, the trend seems to be towards making the labor statuses the same at both resorts as much as is possible.

• Go Bears!

A Cast Member in my location just got Alternative Availability, so they're still doing it for now at least.