Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    OK so do you ever...

    go straight into the park from backstage? Im just curious because I was wondering if they really do crack down on this (I know you have to "clear out" which is why most dont ever do this..) but have you ever done the oposite as well, gone backstage through the park??? Once I went backstage to talk to my manager while inside the park with some people and just kept my id card handy, jw if they regulate on this :P

  2. #2

    • Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Half way around the world from Anaheim
    Posts
    148

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    I haven't gone from working straight to playing without getting the blue ticket with the little CM they draw on the back. I have on occasion swiped in SECURITY to conduct business at Harbor Point and the admin building. Then that sometimes took me to having to go to TDA and the entertainment building. So I would walk back through the park to get there rather than wait for the tram. It was faster. Now going backstage from being a guest.... no comment.

  3. #3

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyCopSB
    I haven't gone from working straight to playing without getting the blue ticket with the little CM they draw on the back. I have on occasion swiped in SECURITY to conduct business at Harbor Point and the admin building. Then that sometimes took me to having to go to TDA and the entertainment building. So I would walk back through the park to get there rather than wait for the tram. It was faster. Now going backstage from being a guest.... no comment.
    lol yea I have done this too, it's actually acceptable, if you are a CM and you go from backstage through the park, than back offstage (in normal clothes) you are allowed to do this, I talked with the head of security once, as long as you have your CM id card with you and in hand security wont pester you

  4. #4

    • DLR -> WDW Cast Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    If you are there for work purposes, like to go to your area scheduling or talk to your manager... then yah... as long as you swipe in through a CM gate and hit that "Security" button instead of clocking in.

    Now if you go from backstage to onstage to go play in the Park, then that's definately NOT allowed. You should go through the Main Entrance for that and get that blue re-admission card.

  5. #5

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast

    Now if you go from backstage to onstage to go play in the Park, then that's definately NOT allowed. You should go through the Main Entrance for that and get that blue re-admission card.
    yea I know this, I was just asking if anybody HAS done this in the past...I havent yet done this but I have been in the park for "play" with a group of friends and ran backstage to talk to one of my managers once, it was all acceptable though :] I was just wondering if people do do this, I've talked to people who will be in the park with friends and run backstage to get a coke or something to eat out of the vending machines...which is retarded but w.e....


    question though....

    sometimes I go into the park after work, is it ok to buy food like a cin. roll or pizza, anything...backstage than clock out, and go back in through the maingate with the food i got backstage??? I dont think it should be a problem but i was just curious...

  6. #6

    • Skipping on Main Street
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Under the stairs at Main St. train station
    Posts
    387

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    ok..so how do I explain this. hmmm
    ..well, you can go backstage to work your scheduled shift ..(in street clothes), some of you work diffrent locations and you can cross over,

    however..you are not allowed to go backstage when visiting the park, regulations ask that if you are in the park for the day and you must go backstage (start a shift, or go to scheduling) why you are there that you please security scan at either harbor point or H5 (next to costume issue). Also, you may not buy food or beverages for yourself or members of your party from backstage and bring it out to the park. We do watch and we do stop you. If you are caught your area mangement will be notified.
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!


    Disney Paranormal Society

  7. #7

    • :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Matterhorn, 5th floor.
    Posts
    1,592

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    Quote Originally Posted by Old_School_Goofy
    ok..so how do I explain this. hmmm
    ..well, you can go backstage to work your scheduled shift ..(in street clothes), some of you work diffrent locations and you can cross over,

    however..you are not allowed to go backstage when visiting the park, regulations ask that if you are in the park for the day and you must go backstage (start a shift, or go to scheduling) why you are there that you please security scan at either harbor point or H5 (next to costume issue). Also, you may not buy food or beverages for yourself or members of your party from backstage and bring it out to the park. We do watch and we do stop you. If you are caught your area mangement will be notified.
    haha you didnt need to get all 007 on me, I understand this and that wasnt the question I asked lol....I was curious WHO has or does do this and if they get stopped...I have seen people do this before, Once I actually saw a regular guest go backstage, purchase something and come back, we we're eating next to their table, I also know CM's who go backstage to talk to a manager or scheduling while we're in the park together and they do this ALOT and never get stopped once, I know they probably will one day..but it has been literally over 100 times and they havent been stopped yet..everytime we go they do this, sometimes their managers even come out and walk with us to a ride and than keep on their way to w/e their doing...

  8. #8

    • CM for 4 years!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    2,225

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    I like to buy my sodas at Harbor Point before I go into the park and save myself $1.75. B:
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Magic Castle
    Posts
    634

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    You people are bad! Just kidding! I would park in CM lot and not move my car after work to visit the park. What a pain that would be. I guess we were suppose to do this.

  10. #10

    • Dont make me unfriend you
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Posts
    1,173

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    Quote Originally Posted by snappy
    You people are bad! Just kidding! I would park in CM lot and not move my car after work to visit the park. What a pain that would be. I guess we were suppose to do this.
    Yeah..I remember just last week you were asking about returning your ID card and custome. I guess now that you are free from the Man...er..Mouse, you can tell us what you really did, can't you.


  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Magic Castle
    Posts
    634

    Re: OK so do you ever...

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    Yeah..I remember just last week you were asking about returning your ID card and custome. I guess now that you are free from the Man...er..Mouse, you can tell us what you really did, can't you.

    Yeah I guess I could tell you some crazy stories about what we did in the weeee hours of exploring the park when hardly no one was around. Funny thing is there is always someone roaming that park at night, but it was worth the $7.00 an hour to explore uncharted areas where one should not go. I think there was a thread on this before hand.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •